PDA

View Full Version : Keep PBO settings after power off

chiuchimu
02-09-2013, 05:04 AM
I set up the PBO so my Mom could watch movies from our network HD but she is not good with computers and menus etc..
I setup the samba to mount the network drive but after PBO is powered off, the mount is also lost. Is there a way to keep the mount or a way to make shortcuts to folders?

snappy46
02-09-2013, 08:57 PM
You are posting in the PBO Alpine thread but it seems to me that you are talking about the PBO core. Could you confirm whether you are talking about the PBO Alpine or the PBO Core.

Snappy.

chiuchimu
02-11-2013, 06:50 PM
It's the Alpine.
Once powered off(by remote, reset button or pulling plug) the mounted drive is gone and we have to navigate thru the network to network HD.

In the PBO Alpine, samba is in the settings menu.

snappy46
02-11-2013, 07:55 PM
It's the Alpine.
Once powered off(by remote, reset button or pulling plug) the mounted drive is gone and we have to navigate thru the network to network HD.

In the PBO Alpine, samba is in the settings menu.

Oh! I see what you mean now. Unfortunately as far as I know this is not possible; your option would be to leave the PBO Alpine always on which might not be a great idea .... not sure how hot the Alpine gets when left on in idle.

As far as a software solution it might be possible to use mount manager application ... well maybe I tried it once before but I can not remember if it worked or not. I will try again and see if I have any success.

Cheers !!!