PDA

View Full Version : Unable to sync patriot to HDD filled with large subdirectorie of 5k folders 55k mp3's

Arniceous
09-05-2013, 04:04 AM
I solved this issue but the thread will remain open in the interest of mass subdirectories. The fix is update firmware!

All my Video HDD's work great with subdirectories; however they are not as deep as with my audio HDD. In windows the HDD is easily accessed from any computer but the patriot-Alpine fails to fully communicate when I search for music, the unit will search for hours and the external drive will finally power down.

I figured if the unit could function with 1.5 TB of movies why not with mp3's. I wanted to keep the audio categorized in its own genre by folders for each artist. It's not an unusual request. I Just recently purchased the new patriot by Alpine and own the older model of the Patriot Box OfficeŽ with the latest firmware installed, and it plays the music files from the HDD just fine. I also flashed the firmware on the alpine to 3.3 testing mp3's folder structure I was able to sync once again.

*** Promlem Solved*** Apparently the Patriot-Alpine needed the latest firmware to resolve this issue among many others I have noticed.

Anyways, any input would be highly appreciated thanks in advance..

snappy46
09-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks for sharing !!!!