PDA

View Full Version : P5Q3 & Competitor 4GB DDR3 ____ ___ Dual Kit - FAIL

stefanz
05-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi. Recently I've bought a motherboard Asus P5Q3 and a Corsair kit -Corsair 4GB DDR3 XMS3 DHX Dual Kit- (2*2GB) with 1600mhz. I want to use the memory in dual channel. If I leave the settings from bios Auto my memory works at 1066mhz and it's very very upset. If someone have a backup from his bios, of course which works at 1600mhz, please send me, or please say me the correct settings. Thanks and good luck.

PS : I have a Intel E8400.

Lord_Hades
05-13-2009, 01:29 PM
You Are Going To Have To Manually Set The Memory Speeds, Timings And Voltage In Your Bios For Your Memory To Achieve Overclocks On The Memory Above Jedec 1066 Speeds.

If Your Board Does Not Have The Ability To Unlink The Memory From The FSB Or Change The Memory Divider, Then You May Have To Overclock The FSB And Processor To Get The Memory To 1600mhz.

If You Can Unlink The Memory Or Change The Memory Divider, You Will Want To Set It So That The Memory Is running The Proper Speed.

Don't Leave Anything To Chance, Don't Trust Auto Voltages Or Settings, Set Everything Manually.

Your Corsair Memory Will Have The Timings, Votage And Speeds Printed On The Side Of Each Stick. Set Everything As Close To That As Possible.

Before You Do Any Windows Work Or Use Your Pc You Really Need To Do Some Stability Tests Having No Errors.

Use Memtest 2.11 Or Higher For At Least One Pass And Then Prime95 25.8 (blend test) Or OCCT For At Least On Hour In Windows To Look For Total System Stability.

If You Get Any Errors, You Will Have To Make More Adjustements.

Here Is Another Thread On This Forum With The Same Processor And Mainboard. Perhaps You Could Use It As A Guide.
http://www.patriotmem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1412

stefanz
05-13-2009, 02:45 PM
First time i want to say : thanks Lord_Hades .
Well, I bought this memory (together motherboard and cpu) about 2 mounts ago. Well, first time i had problems but I fixed it after one week. It has worked good since last night when I added a new sata hdd, but i remove one ide hdd(i have a ide and a sata) . After i had copied few files from new hdd, i put my old ide hdd. Since now my computer hasn't wanted to work at 1600mhz. I changed the settings but I receive a message : CPU Over temperature error! Overclocking failed! Press F1 to Run Setup / Press F2 to load default settings.

PS : When my pc worked i have a backup bios (with Asus Update) but i don't know how "activate" it.

Patriot_Ben
05-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Hello,

I would suggest to either check with your memory manufacturers' support forums, or contact their technical support for troubleshooting.

Due to the policy of not being able to openly discuss of a competitor's product on our boards, I am closing this thread.