PDA

View Full Version : Network shares and video file listing

ne1scott
06-13-2012, 07:57 PM
I was under the impression that the unit would allow me to specify the network shares I want it to always include in my video listings or at least be smart enough to remember what directories I have played videos from.

I have files on 5 windows shares and I would like those locations to be remembered and to have all of the files put into 1 big alphabetized list. Preferably without that annoying filename truncation. It seems ridiculous to have to rename files or move all of my videos from drive to drive in order to have some way of finding the video I want to view.

I have a Zune MP3 player and I like the way it gathers all of my files from the list of directories or network share directories that I specify so that I never see the other OS directories.

Styxx42
07-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Oh Man I forgot about the truncation of files names in my review.

Totally forgot. What a pain that is. Since I start all disney movies with disney and date it is hard to tell what the actual film is with the truncation going on.

And totally agree. WHY does it not remember those shares? Why do I have to MOUNT those shares each time I power the unit on? I hope you get an answer ne1scott.

ne1scott
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
You are the first person to reply to this at all. PBO support has not responded to my email either.

I have found the unit almost useless for my needs as the ONLY thing I really wanted to do with it is play movies from network shares.
I wanted thumbnails, access to synopsis, and above all else I wanted all of my shares combined and alphabetized into one nice list to scroll through and pick a movie.
If you interrupt your movie it doesn't remember what you watched last or where you were in the movie either.
When browsing for files you have to look at all of the other directories on your shares or external drives every time you try to navigate to view a movie.

I'm seriously thinking of dumping it and going with the superior hardware of the Aios Pivos and just hoping their software is better.