PDA

View Full Version : Nothing plays now. Requires a forced close.

Don
06-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Has been working for a few weeks, but powered it on today and get this when trying to play any video
Process com.skyviia.application has stopped unexpectedly. please try force close.

Also with music the same error but with com.android.music.

I removed my d-link hub x7 usb device and the mouse control, so this was with a simple setup of a usb in the front and using the credit card remote.
I've re-powered the unit a few times in the tests.

I'm not connected to any network (as far as I know)

Info (this is how it came out of the box)
Android version 2.2
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default, vivianli@mb86m1x#28
Build Number svafcpooc

Did the firmware go corrupt and will a re-flash fix this problem ?

Patriot_Ben
06-14-2012, 04:32 PM
That's strange. If possible, can you please post a screenshot of the error screen?

Can you try flashing it to out latest stock fw, 5-30?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p3s0ehm5x9myjfj/-JXBwtllsh

(temporary link, our website is going through some maintenance)

Don
06-14-2012, 06:25 PM
I flashed the firmware you gave and it works now.
Thank you.

The Dude
06-23-2012, 12:34 AM
After a few weeks of playing files flawlessly, my Alpine suddenly experienced this same issue with the rev2 Alpha firmware.

Reflashing back to stock and then flashing back up, followed by resetting all data did nothing to help. Skyviia player crashed every single time a file was selected, even those that had previously played fine.

Only flashing back down to the 5-30 stock firmware fixed the issue. So the Alpha firmware is essentially now non-functional on my player. Not sure what the issue is, given the abruptness of its appearance.

Don
06-23-2012, 04:40 AM
I couldn't flash the Matrix fw last week, but when I heard it had the info button working thought I would try it a second time, and it worked. I have no idea why it worked a week later since I upgraded with the same versions. Same as the .mp4 stutter problem I had, it went away without any obvious reason.

accat13
06-28-2012, 11:20 PM
After a few weeks of playing files flawlessly, my Alpine suddenly experienced this same issue with the rev2 Alpha firmware.

Reflashing back to stock and then flashing back up, followed by resetting all data did nothing to help. Skyviia player crashed every single time a file was selected, even those that had previously played fine.

Only flashing back down to the 5-30 stock firmware fixed the issue. So the Alpha firmware is essentially now non-functional on my player. Not sure what the issue is, given the abruptness of its appearance.

Same issue but have not had the time to reflash hopefully all will be well when I do. It would be nice to see a matrix firmware update.

accat13
07-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Same issue but have not had the time to reflash hopefully all will be well when I do. It would be nice to see a matrix firmware update.
Well I reflashed back to original 5-30 stock firmware. Its very strange my files play now. My harmony remote even seems to work better , although the sensor seems a little slow (but its a least working). Now I seem to have a new glitch that I have read about someone else having. When I press pause,then play the icon for play does not fade from the screen.Not a big concern just a little annoying.

Don
07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Well I reflashed back to original 5-30 stock firmware. Its very strange my files play now. My harmony remote even seems to work better , although the sensor seems a little slow (but its a least working). Now I seem to have a new glitch that I have read about someone else having. When I press pause,then play the icon for play does not fade from the screen.Not a big concern just a little annoying.

When I had the display not fading away, I also had the major problem with the .mp4 stutter coming back. You might have it too, and just haven't played the file formats that I have ?
When I tried to install the matrix versions, they both were unusable with the "force close" button coming up.
Something I did fixed the display fade and the .mp4 stutter, maybe one of these things.
1 - Privacy - erase all
2 - set date and time
3 - Browse some of the files
4 - Maybe unplugging a mouse or usb hub when installing the firmware?

After that fix and running for a while I was able to install the matrix rev2 without getting the "force close" problem.
The stutter is gone, and the display fade now works again, with all versions of the firmware I've tried.

Don
07-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Since replying, I got the "force close".
20 installs later and I found the problem.
Turns out the date was set to 1901, and when I changed it to 2012 the force close went away.
I could not set the date back to 1901 to test, but expect it to get set to 1901 again within the next week or 2 and cause the problem again.

accat13
07-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Since replying, I got the "force close".
20 installs later and I found the problem.
Turns out the date was set to 1901, and when I changed it to 2012 the force close went away.
I could not set the date back to 1901 to test, but expect it to get set to 1901 again within the next week or 2 and cause the problem again.

Well thanks for the tip. A date reset does seem to correct some issues.

thedon3k
09-22-2013, 10:10 PM
BTW, this is still an issue, even in the latest Firmware. The same error will appear, and then no video playback will work.

The Fix is to simply go and set the Date/Time again, manually.

If you have the Patriot Alpine set to Automatically Set Time from the network, it will reset itself to 1918 after a while, if the unit is not connected to a network, either wired or wireless.

So I have disabled the auto-time-set feature, since I loan the unit to friends who will not have the box on a network connection.

I think this 'feature' should be fixed so that it does not somehow default to 1918 when it can't connect to a timeserver. That seems a little dumb to do when there's a simple fault.

webjinx
12-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Holy crap, this worked.
I almost threw my PBO in the trash after a weeks use because of this error and thought it would be a long shot finding the answer online.
Thank you for posting this!!!

Also, I tried the dropbox link and the folder is empty.