PDA

View Full Version : Harmony remote

accat13
06-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Has anyone managed to get a harmony remote working with the alpine. So far I'm not having much luck. I can't even get it to turn on with the harmony remote. Otherwise I am very happy with the pbo alpine. The only issue I've had is a mp4 only playing in dd 2.0. Certainly not a deal breaker.

gwcphoto
06-17-2012, 11:47 AM
I too would like some help.. I've tried everything. I'm hoping that when I get the large remote I will be able to teach it better.

accat13
06-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Well my PBO Alpine came with the new and old remote straight out of the box. It didn't seem to help me when it came to the harmony remote. From reading a previous post it seems like logitech is being lazy when it comes to adding codes as Patriot has already submitted them to logitech. It would be nice to see some previous reviews of the Alpine edited with the fact that Patriot is listening and now including the large remote. It was a nice surprise to me.

snappy46
06-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Just an inquiry since I do not own a Harmony remote; but isn't the PBO core remote (Large remote) not available for the harmony ???? Some people have use the harmony remote with the PBO core. Since most firmware for the PBO Alpine can make use of the large remote would not that work for you ????

Cheers !!!!

accat13
06-18-2012, 12:38 AM
The pbo alpine remote is fine its just I have a harmony remote for a reason. Its nice to be able to store all my original remotes in a box and use just the harmony one. It is also a bit of a nuisance having to use the harmony for volume and the patriot remote for the rest. O-well maybe logitech will get off there *ss and provide proper support.

snappy46
06-18-2012, 03:44 AM
The pbo alpine remote is fine its just I have a harmony remote for a reason. Its nice to be able to store all my original remotes in a box and use just the harmony one. It is also a bit of a nuisance having to use the harmony for volume and the patriot remote for the rest. O-well maybe logitech will get off there *ss and provide proper support.

Not sure if I expressed myself properly in my previous post. The question was: Doesn't the PBO core remote control (Large remote) programming code not available for the Harmony remote control? Considering that the PBO core has been out for 3 years it might be available??? If so I am guessing that the Harmony programmed with the PBO core remote code would also work with the PBO Alpine.

Snappy

accat13
06-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Not sure if I expressed myself properly in my previous post. The question was: Doesn't the PBO core remote control (Large remote) programming code not available for the Harmony remote control? Considering that the PBO core has been out for 3 years it might be available??? If so I am guessing that the Harmony programmed with the PBO core remote code would also work with the PBO Alpine.

SnappyI have tried both remotes(small and large) as well as selecting it as a core remote and no luck.I don't really have the time to mess with it right now so it may be a few days before I try again but thanks for the input.

snappy46
06-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I have tried both remotes(small and large) as well as selecting it as a core remote and no luck.I don't really have the time to mess with it right now so it may be a few days before I try again but thanks for the input.

Thank you for the info; I am comtemplating buying a Harmony remote control but I guess I'll wait a bit until this matter is settle. Beside I had bad experience in the past with logitech devices (mainly support and device driver) so still sitting on the fence with this one.

Cheers !!!