PDA

View Full Version : How can I download apk files from Google Play?

xicloud
07-29-2012, 07:31 AM
I am interested in PPTV and PPS. I just can't find how to download the APK file to PC.

snappy46
07-29-2012, 10:59 AM
I am interested in PPTV and PPS. I just can't find how to download the APK file to PC.

You can not download files from google play to the PBO; you need to find a web site that host that apk file. By the way most of those types of apps include their own video player which do not work on the PBO Alpine.

If you have another Android device that has google market available and is rooted you could always install the app you are looking for to that device and then copy the apk file normally found on the /data/app directory to a usb/sdcard and then install that app on the PBO Alpine.

Hope this helps.

Snappy

Jak Crow
08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
The alpine only has 50MB of free app space, so even if you get an apk to install, you may not have room to install it.

lordmayo
08-02-2012, 02:15 AM
The alpine only has 50MB of free app space, so even if you get an apk to install, you may not have room to install it.

i thought there was talk here of installing, not on internal memory, but on your external hd. is there a confirmed way to do that?

snappy46
08-02-2012, 12:23 PM
i thought there was talk here of installing, not on internal memory, but on your external hd. is there a confirmed way to do that?

A small portion of memory (flash memory) is set aside for apps installation. Some of those apps allows some of their data to be move to external memory (see manage application in settings); but I am not sure if that is supported by the PBO Alpine. All that being said a lot of the apps are only a few MB many even less than so things are not as bad as it seems even with only 50 MB set aside.

Cheers!!!