PDA

View Full Version : Missing Features that I hope will be added in future firmware releases

MauroMJ
08-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Here's a partial list of features that would be good to have:

1. GOTO-TIME function: time skip to selected hour/minute (GOTO button on remote is dead and that's a shame!)
2. a list of the last 10 played movies/music/photo-folder with resume function (especially helpful for movies!!!) maybe selectable from the main menu; a sort of "favorites" like browser's bookmarks
3. as previously said h.264 10bit decoding support
4. ASS/SSA advanced features support
5. better, bigger and position-adjustable "DISPLAY INFO" feature on screen

Everybody feel free to add ideas and suggestions.

Thanks

MauroMJ
09-08-2012, 08:34 AM
No answers, no news, no firmware (alpha, official, semi-official, a-little-bit-official, officially-what? :p ), not even a firmware release date (note that "soon" is not a valid release date :confused: ) and last but not least, no forum activity from Patriot stuff since July.
I was really happy when I first heard about an Android media player and I was even happier when I finally put my hands on one of them; I think the Alpine-hardware/Android duo can do pretty good things...with the right software!

So what I have to think about Patriot support?
Thanks.

Regards

Mauro

lordmayo
09-10-2012, 01:09 PM
No answers, no news, no firmware (alpha, official, semi-official, a-little-bit-official, officially-what? :p ), not even a firmware release date (note that "soon" is not a valid release date :confused: ) and last but not least, no forum activity from Patriot stuff since July.
I was really happy when I first heard about an Android media player and I was even happier when I finally put my hands on one of them; I think the Alpine-hardware/Android duo can do pretty good things...with the right software!

So what I have to think about Patriot support?
Thanks.

Regards

Mauro

don't bother thinking about patriot support. they certainly don't waste time thinking about you or any other customer.

thefly
10-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I think Patriot's activity, or at least lack of activity, in the Alpine forums says it all.... does Patriot_Ben even work for them anymore?

The_Original_Modifier
11-02-2012, 10:32 PM
don't bother thinking about patriot support. they certainly don't waste time thinking about you or any other customer.

Agreed!

I think Patriot's activity, or at least lack of activity, in the Alpine forums says it all.... does Patriot_Ben even work for them anymore?

Couldn't have said it better myself. :cool:

MauroMJ
11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
You know, I'm seriously starting to think that this forum could be easily closed and nobody at Patriot would take notice of it. I'm wondering if even the moderators (or better, the only moderator still alive in this forum) have heard of someone still breathing in the software development department.
The worst thing is that EVERY SINGLE PATRIOT EMPLOYEE disappeared!
I'd really appreciate if someone from the Patriot staff would apologize to all the user and have the heart to say "yeah, the software is just a mess, we are working on it (Lady Laziness, we love you!), maybe the next year you'll have a new firmware (full of new amazing bugs)...oh, and by the way, thanks for your money".

...and they claim to take care of customers.

thefly
11-09-2012, 12:20 AM
You know, I'm seriously starting to think that this forum could be easily closed and nobody at Patriot would take notice of it. I'm wondering if even the moderators (or better, the only moderator still alive in this forum) have heard of someone still breathing in the software development department.

I suspect that they only scan it every couple months. I've posed about competitor products a couple of times now, and they haven't filtered it yet -- so they simply haven't seen them.

Also there was another thread specifically about Alpine alternatives, which lived for at least a couple months before it was removed.

Although I'm not sure what they care about, since the Alpine isn't a real product anyway. Most of the "alternatives" that were identified were a different class of product i.e. they actually work. ;-)