Thread: Memory Usage of Dashboard

Default Memory Usage of Dashboard

So I've had my Javelin for a few weeks now and am quite happy with it but am just inquiring if anyone else has notices the amount of RAM Dashboard consumes. I've left my computer on with it running 24/7 for the past 2 weeks and noticed the amount of ram it's using is quite substantial. It's currently showing 1.25GB of memory usage for such a small application that seems a little wonky.

Once I close the application and re-open it, it will start raising once more. When it is first opened it uses between 250MB and 300MB, but steadily uses more and more. Could this be because of memory leaks? or just how it operates?

Why would you even use the Dasboard? It's a buggy app... you'd better use the interface via your web browser to access your Javelin's settings should you need to. It's not like you need to change settings all day long...

Do widgets in dashboard contribute to memory usage even when dashboard is not activated ? Dashboard is more or less always activated, even when you can't see it on your screen. That's why you saw the entries for your widgets in Activity Monitor. If you go to Activity Monitor and select "All Processes, Hierarchically" you will see that your widgets are actually being run by the dock. So you might have to quit the dock in order to quit Dashboard.

First of all, you need to check what kind of applications are running and how much does it consume yours PC memory then you can analyze it.