Thread: Alpine Firmware development ended with 3.0 version

Default Alpine Firmware development ended with 3.0 version

Well everybody it's official: no more firmware for the Alpine.

That's what Patriot says:

"As stated previously version 3.0 is the latest firmware released for PBO Alpine.
    Forums are designed for the community to participate and provide solutions, inputs and ideas regarding different products.

Please let us know If you have any technical question we can help you with."

Let aside the really funny part about the forums (lucky me I was seated when I've read that part), I think it's clear that the Alpine is officially a little piece of trush.

ALPINE IS AN EPIC FAIL!!!
    PATRIOT, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Try sending customer support an email. You will get a response to show you how much patriot appreciates there customers. Wait I did send them an email and received ZERO response. My answer back to them I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PATRIOT PRODUCT.

Quote Originally Posted by accat13 View Post
    ...I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PATRIOT PRODUCT.
    Exactly. I feel the same! I'm also sharing this impression with everyone I know. They may have taken my $100 for the Alpine, but I will certainly try and make them pay 1,000 fold in reputation.

My W D C device has been great for about 6 months now -- and it's getting monthly firmware updates. It's almost laughable that Patriot had 1 alpha and 1 beta firmware release, and then NOTHING!!!

EPIC FAILURE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thefly View Post
    My W D C device has been great for about 6 months now -- and it's getting monthly firmware updates. It's almost laughable that Patriot had 1 alpha and 1 beta firmware release, and then NOTHING!!!
    hey thefly what are the pros and cons of your WDC vs the Alpine?

Quote Originally Posted by thefly View Post
    Exactly. I feel the same! I'm also sharing this impression with everyone I know. They may have taken my $100 for the Alpine, but I will certainly try and make them pay 1,000 fold in reputation.
    same here. every single person that even sniffs around the subject of set top boxes gets an earful from me about the Patriot brand. avoid everything patriot... nothing good can come from a company that treats its customers this way.