Thread: PBO Movie Jukebox / MovieWall

Default PBO Movie Jukebox / MovieWall

Here's a very basic movie jukebox still in the early stage of development. I was going to wait until I had more features before releasing it but considering how little time I have to devote to this project I thought I was better do it now. Movie Jukebox can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/And...Jukebox1.0.apk . Just install using the OI File Manager.

This jukebox does not create any folder or moviesheet view for you therefore I recommend that you use Thumbgen: http://thumbgen.org/ for window user or SheetMaker: http://www.bunyipawonga.org/sheetmaker/index.php for Linux user. Once setup properly those programs can create all the folders/thumbnails and moviesheet automatically for you.

Ok here some steps to follow:

1) folder/thumbnail must be named as follow: [moviePath]/movieFileName.jpg (extension , avi mpg mkv etc.... is removed from movie filename)
    2) Moviesheet must be named as follow: [moviePath]/movieFileName_sheet.jpg (extension , avi mpg mkv etc.... is removed from movie filename)

Note: thumbnails and moviesheets must reside in the same directory as the movies/videos.

3) Once Folders/thumbnails and moviesheets have been created launch PBOMovieJukebox. Once first launched you won't have any movies because the database does not exist yet. To create the database press the menu button to bring up the context menu and select the Create/Update Database option.
    4) Once you select that option you will be asked to provide the root directory where your movie are located; just navigate using the file browser until your directory appear on top; then select it ...... The program will start looking for all your video files and insert them in the database.
    5) Once this is done you are ready to use the MovieJukebox; if you add any movies/videos after the database has been created you will have to make that selection again (create/update database) to add the newly added movies/videos.

Anyhow like I already mentioned this is a beta version so many improvement are still required. Please report any bugs in this thread.

EDIT: Forgot to mentioned how to use it .... Press enter once a thumbnail/folder is selected. This will bring up the moviesheet for this movie/video. Press enter again once on the moviesheet view to play the movie. That's it.

Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by snappy46; 03-22-2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Missing Info

Snappy46 thanks for your hard work.
    In a way, it's really sad: this app should have been implemented by Patriot and not by an user.

That said, all the limitations that lie within the Alpine's native video player still remain: missing functions, various bugs, etc. etc., things already discussed before and in depth.

We have come to an agreement with Patriot and so now I'm going to send them back my Alpine.
    Really, this is not the product I expected and I suppose to be not the only one thinking this way.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by MauroMJ View Post
    Snappy46 thanks for your hard work.
    In a way, it's really sad: this app should have been implemented by Patriot and not by an user.

That said, all the limitations that lie within the Alpine's native video player still remain: missing functions, various bugs, etc. etc., things already discussed before and in depth.

We have come to an agreement with Patriot and so now I'm going to send them back my Alpine.
    Really, this is not the product I expected and I suppose to be not the only one thinking this way.

Regards
    I understand your frustration; unfortunately creating a new video player for the Player would be very time consuming not counting the time it would take me to even try to figure out how to access the various Skyviia services and bind the mplayer native bin to the android application. I looked into it previously and it did not take me long to get totally lost in the code.

Good luck, I hope you find a media player that suit your needs.

Snappy.

Tried to install and got a parsing error?

Quote Originally Posted by At1bob View Post
    Tried to install and got a parsing error?
    Applications can only be installed from the USB port or SDCard. If you try to install them from a network device you will get a parsing error. Can you confirm that you are trying to install from a USB stick or SDCard??? If so I will have a look at the integrity of the file.

Cheers !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    Applications can only be installed from the USB port or SDCard. If you try to install them from a network device you will get a parsing error. Can you confirm that you are trying to install from a USB stick or SDCard??? If so I will have a look at the integrity of the file.

Cheers !!!!
    No I was trying to install from a networked drive I will give it a try again
    Thanks Snappy
    Sorry for the slow response Been a busy week