Thread: Accidental deleted all movies in a folder

Default Accidental deleted all movies in a folder

My javelin is set up RAID 5 and I accidentally deleted several moves in a folder. I see no evedence of the files in the trash altrhough I've drive mapping to it. I've tried a couple third party undelete apps but they do no work on mapped drives. Any ideas?

Do you have the "Recycling Bin" setting on your NAS enabled? You can find it under File & Print --> Protocol Control --> Windows

If it's enabled, make sure you have hidden folders enabled, then browse network places, find your NAS. Next you'll see a bunch of main folders, i.e. video, upload, picture, etc. Inside each one of those folders is a hidden ".RECYCLER" folder. You can recover "deleted" files from there, or, you can permanently delete them, either way if you have the Recycling Bin setting enabled you definitely want to kno wabout the ".RECYCLER" folder(s)

Umm, thank you XFlak, now I know about the .RECYCLER folders. Was wondering why the volume never went down. Now there's so much free space.

Default I really appreciate the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by XFlak View Post
    Do you have the "Recycling Bin" setting on your NAS enabled? You can find it under File & Print --> Protocol Control --> Windows

If it's enabled, make sure you have hidden folders enabled, then browse network places, find your NAS. Next you'll see a bunch of main folders, i.e. video, upload, picture, etc. Inside each one of those folders is a hidden ".RECYCLER" folder. You can recover "deleted" files from there, or, you can permanently delete them, either way if you have the Recycling Bin setting enabled you definitely want to kno wabout the ".RECYCLER" folder(s)
    Luckily, I did have that enabled although I don't recall doing it. It may have been default or "chemo brain" strikes again. I'd only used the network to do drive mapping. I'd tried to do the un-delete using windows not through the network. Thanks my friend! The system is restoring the files as I type.

I can't find my .RECYCLER folder. So above guide does not work.

Luckily I found this SD card data recovery guide.

So never give up.
    Last edited by ericmarby; 07-02-2015 at 09:26 AM.