Thread: Wireless Setup - On* : DHCP Not ready!!

Default Wireless Setup - On* : DHCP Not ready!!

hi everyone. i recently bought a new computer, and am trying to get my PBO set up on it.it was a bit of a bugger getting it set up years ago on my old one (Win7, 32 bit), but once it was set up right, it never lost its settings. this time, for starters, i'm having trouble in Settings, getting into my network, signal strength shows full bars, but shows Wireless Setup On* : DHCP Not ready!! i do have DHCP enabled on the new computer (Win7 64bit), my router is seen under Infrastructure showing WPA, but it won't accept my password. when i try to get in using WPS (AP) with either PBC or PIN, i get alternating messages of "Scanning" and "Associating" then it times out. anyone have any advice?

I am a little confused here??? Changing your computer should not affect your PBO setting to connect to your router this should only affect your network shares settings (Shares/password). The hardest part of this whole process should be to setup your win 7 shares properly for proper logins to the shares; it has nothing to do on how you connect to your router that should remain the same as with your previous computer.

I never had much luck using WPS with the PBO; I recommend that you enter your WPA password manually using the PBO network settings.

Good Luck.

i have no idea what is going on, its very confusing. i can't get in using WPA password either. i also have a WDTV Live which sometimes has similar problems, sometimes it doesn't. a few days ago my third-party server was showing up under UPnP (a work around for Windows Share on Win7), and now it doesn't show up after last shutdown. very frustrating as i rely on my PBO for the bedroom tv which has no cable. Thanks Snappy,from everyone, you seem to be the main source of help here now, much appreciated.

* this is just bizarre! i turned on both players without having the Desktop on, and Windows Shares showed up in both the PBO and the WDTV, so i turned on the Desktop, but i'm back to that familiar problem of won't accept my username or password to access Shares on either box, but once again my KooRaRoo media server is showing and working (doesn't need a password to access). this has to be related to the desktop, Win7, 64 bit. usually after something like this, when everything (almost, except Shares log in) after i shut everything down, the next time i'm back to square one with nothing showing, we'll see, i did change my firewall from Kaspersky to Windows, perhaps that helped, and from Homegroup back to Workgroup. the Shares log in still bothers me though.
    Last edited by townie2; 04-29-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Hi townie2,

Unfortunately my experience with network shares using win7 is pretty much nil. You might find an answer to your problems on the many network win7 related post.

http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...in-work-around

Sorry that I can not be of any help to you.

Snappy46.
    Last edited by snappy46; 04-30-2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to put the link

thanks again Snappy, will give it a try. i wish Patriot would bring back the PBO with a few upgrades, i actually like it better than my new WDTV Live.

Quote Originally Posted by townie2 View Post
    thanks again Snappy, will give it a try. i wish Patriot would bring back the PBO with a few upgrades, i actually like it better than my new WDTV Live.
    I would not expect anymore upgrades for the PBO Core considering the age of this device. Beside after the public response to their latest venture into the media player market (The PBO Alpine); I am not sure if we ever gonna see another media player from Patriot. The PBO core is my player of choice at home; still going strong after almost 4 years .... .

Cheers !!!