Thread: How can I stop Gearbox falling off the network??

Default How can I stop Gearbox falling off the network??

Hi I have updated the firmware to R3282-1.60b LOADER32 1.20e W1.33-FAT32 which I understand is the latest version.
    However it keeps 'dropping off' the network, requiring it to be disconnected from the power and then re-connected. Whereupon it will stay attached to the network for another few hours or so (sometimes even days) then drop off again.
    I've even given it a fixed IP so there aren't any conflicts.
    Any ideas??

Thanks

Thanks for your support guys, your silence is deafening.

A couple of nights ago this box of sh*t fell off my network, YET AGAIN, this time while I was entertaining visitors watching a movie stored on the network drive.
    You can imagine what I fool I felt when I had to go to the other end of the house where the router is, unplug the GearBox from the mains and plug it back in. Again.

Since the help round here is non-existent, I thought I'd have a go at fixing this thing myself.
    I figured one possibility, like my old Belkin router from a few years ago, is that it's getting too hot due to poor ventilation of the case.
    So the first thing I did was break it out of its box.
    The second thing I did was cut the power to those absolutely ridiculous, searingly-bright LEDs, either side of the central heat-sink.
    Whoever thought those up should be shot. All it needed was one tiny little red LED to show it's plugged in, not two bright-blue retina-scorchers. You spend ages trying to hide the damn thing from view because who over ten years old wants a piece of IT which lights up like a Christmas tree?

Since then, in it's new stripped-bare state, I can report it has happily worked for a full day, which is quite possibly the longest it's managed for a while.
    I will report back in a few days, in the off-chance that someone may actually venture onto this thread one day looking for help.
    Last edited by MajorFubar; 06-08-2013 at 09:28 PM.

It managed two days. Came home from work today and it had fallen off again.
    So now it's in the trash where it belongs. $50 down the drain.
    And as for this so called 'support forum'. What a f**king joke. I'd have received just as much support if I'd talked to a wall.
    You can guess I won't be recommending your SH*T PRODUCTS which DON'T WORK to anyone I know.

I would think if the pups are even with the rings they wouldn't need to be lowered.