Thread: 3 PBO Core... one now can't access shortcut IP - login pop up?

Default 3 PBO Core... one now can't access shortcut IP - login pop up?

Hi, I've had 3 PBO Cores on my network for ages... they all worked fine for many years. Recently, for some reason, one of them now cannot connect to my main PC located 192.168.1.177 via the shortcut i created. The other two have no issues. I don't know what could have caused this? I get the username/pass popup on the PBO. I reloaded the firmware and still no luck, but the other two have no issues. any ideas on what else i could try?

WAIT... just noticed that on the PBO having issues, under network settings, it says Wired Lan Setup On* : 192.168.1.37 ...what's that asterisks/star about?????
    y2q9.jpg

y2q9.jpg
    Last edited by stansoltz; 09-05-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Interesting .... Well probably annoying to you. I never notice any stars next to the IP address but then again I use wireless not wired lan connection. Does it have anything to do with whether or not is you are using automatic or static ip on the PBO??? Have you tried just connecting that PBO without the other PBO connected??? Is SAMBA enable/disable on the thre units??? I'll have a look and see if I can figure out what causes the asterisk * to appear and what does it mean.

Snappy

It's odd, cause it was working for 2 years no issue. maybe I'll try 1) shutting down my PCs firewall 2) trying just this PBO, without others... I tried letting the PBO get an ip auto, then tried pushing an IP via my asus router based on the PBO's MAC... but still * I enabled Samba on all. this one doesnt' have a HDD mind you. although PBO #2 doesnt either but still works fine. and PBO #3 has a HDD connects fine also. Also, all have the same firmware.
    Last edited by stansoltz; 09-09-2013 at 07:13 PM.

my layout of network: 7v8o.jpg

Have you tried to reflash firmware to the PBO. You may have a corrupted firmware on that specific PBO. If you are not accessing your PBO from your PC it should not matter if samba server/BT is enable or not. To access your PC shares you do not need samba/bt enable. Samba client is always running on the PBO and therefore any PC or other devices ex: NAS that share their file via samba should be visible on your PBO.

Snappy

EDIT: By the way with the Samba/BT enable on the PBO's you should also see the other PBO's in the network share workgroup. Can you see the other PBO on the PBO that does not see the PC share????
    Last edited by snappy46; 09-09-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Hi Stansoltz, check edit in previous post.

Turns out it was firewall software issue... Installed new firewall on ip 177. Fixed. Thx all