Thread: Patriot please do something for your customers!!!

Default Patriot please do something for your customers!!!

I have officially started sending emails to patroit support with CC to PC magazine, tomshardware, zdnet and cnet's product review in hope that they will start doing something about their alpine line and core line updates. This is the first time I have ever thought of just boycotting all of a single companies products because of the crappy service they have. I have not bought anything of Patriots since Nov of 2012. And I hope that everyone here can do that so that Patriot would actually look after their customers. If anyone else want to start sending them emails as well. And add to this thread. Maybe we can get some push into this matter and CC-ing other review sites about this?

I am also adding this reply to my emails so that in case patriot deletes this, those 3 review company will have a record of this being deleted. And as you know moderators has been deleting some posts from people in this forum.

I gave up many moons ago. I also started my own patriot family and friends boycott. The alpine was like a bastard child , never really supported and a disappointment. How much patriot cares you make your own decision by how they respond!! Email responses none. Good Luck ...I also see the thread being deleted as many before have been.

Quote Originally Posted by ppbear View Post
    I have officially started sending emails to patroit support with CC to PC magazine, tomshardware, zdnet and cnet's product review in hope that they will start doing something about their alpine line and core line updates. This is the first time I have ever thought of just boycotting all of a single companies products because of the crappy service they have. I have not bought anything of Patriots since Nov of 2012. And I hope that everyone here can do that so that Patriot would actually look after their customers. If anyone else want to start sending them emails as well. And add to this thread. Maybe we can get some push into this matter and CC-ing other review sites about this?

I am also adding this reply to my emails so that in case patriot deletes this, those 3 review company will have a record of this being deleted. And as you know moderators has been deleting some posts from people in this forum.
    yeah i've blasted patriot wherever i've had an opportunity online and offline i've told lots of people how trashy they are with their customers. crying shame, really. if you have those email addresses please post them i will definitely send my ton of emails to those places.

I got so cheesed off with my patriot alpine and its lack of support that I replaced it with a cuboid android device. This is what the alpine should have been - an android tablet without a screen. I can access google play store and load any app that's there. I now have access to all the UKTV catch-up services, bubble upnp takes care of viewing all my media stored on my NAS, spotify for android works well and TVcatchup allows me to watch live rugby from Scotland in England (via BBCAlba, which is only broadcast in Scotland). All for 50, which is what I paid for the alpine. I might try selling the alpine on ebay, though I'd probably fell a little guilty.

I gave up on Patriot last year after a year of headache with the Alpine and the poorest support I've ever seen. As a result I no longer buy any of their products.

I would definitely never buy any of their products and I've told all of my friends and associates the same. I've blogged about it and I've commented in numerous sites about it. This is a mission for many of us here.

yeah one of the most amazingly inferior products I have ever owned. Chinese JUNK at it's finest sold to the west at inflated prices. I'm a professional computer tech guy. After receiving the unit, updating the firmware to the latest, finding a compatible wi-fi module and basically f-ing with it for hours I still cannot get it to play network video nor from an SD card. J-U-N-K send to the electronics recycling bin ASAP.