Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disk allocations empty for 2 TB drive

Default Disk allocations empty for 2 TB drive

I can't seem to get my Gauntlet Node to recognize my new Seagate 2TB drive. No matter how I partition it, it always shows empty in the "Status/Disk Allocations" table. I've had my Gauntlet for quite a while and the original 1TB drive is recognized fine when I swap it back in. I'm pretty sure that the specs for this device said it supported up to 2TB drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    -Greg

Hello,

Make sure that Node has the latest 1.2.4.6 firmware http://www.patriotmemory.com/software/V_21_1.2.4.6.zip ?

Also, make sure that the Seagate drive has the latest firmware from the respective manufacturer.

Make sure that the drive is formatted into exFAT.

Thanks Ben,

I've been running 1.2.4.6 for a while.

There is no firmware update for the drive that I can find.

Re-formatted to exFAT and it didn't make any difference. Windows sees the drive fine when the Gauntlet is plugged in via USB.

Any other suggestions?

A bit more info. This drive is the very new Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 (P/N: HN-M201RAD/AVN). It came out of a Seagate Backup Plus Slim since its almost impossible to find these drives by themselves. The Seagate SeaTools app reports the firmware as 2BC10002.

Thanks again.

Hmph. No new firmware, no real answers to technical questions. I gave up on my Gauntlet Node 2 nights ago anyway. It was neat while it lasted. Too bad it can't live up to its own specifications and handle the new 2TB drives.

Sorry for the late reply. For troubleshooting purposes, can you see if a different drive works?

We haven't tested this drive, but it appears that this drive looks like it's having issues with the PS4 as well.

Let me know when you get it chance.

Hey, better late than never!

I have had my Gauntlet Node working fine for quite a while with a 1TB drive. I am trying to upgrade it to the new 2TB drive.

I've researched the PS4 problems already and they seem to be PS4 specific and are related to a timing issue between the HDMI handshake and the drive spinup/on time. I'd be surprised if it was related to what I've been experiencing with my Gauntlet Node.

Thanks,
    -Greg

Did you format the drive while in the gauntlet?

Or, you could update your bios, chipset drivers, Intel rapid storage etc. so they work properly with the new advanced format drives.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

I had a heck of a time with win7 backup disks and a new drive.