Thread: NAS still not working after firmware flashing - need help

Default NAS still not working after firmware flashing - need help

Javelin S4 was working fine until I decided to upgrade to .22 software from .19 so that I could use the time machine feature. The upgrade stalled at 45% and when I told the server to reboot it came back up with an amber status light and a 404 error in the browser. Bought a Nokia CA-42 cable and modified it to use as a serial adapter. I followed the directions in senomoto Bricked Javelin thread and reflashed the V2 firmware. Still didn't work when I rebooted and the the V1 with the same results. Once when I was retrying using the V2 software the unit came up while I was doing the bootm command in the flashing procedure. The version stated .22 in the browser. I installed the disks but got the error stating that the file system was corrupt. It did not have the recover option enabled so I just shut down the NAS and removed the disk. When I powered the server back up the amber status reappeared. I then did a short and long reset. In the tty console the login prompt appears with the Javelin S4 hostname instead of the host name I had used and it is now using DHCP instead of the static ip I was using whicjh is expected after a hard reset. When I try to login at the console with the admin usercode it display an error saying that it cant change to the home directory and logs back out. The safemode page appears in the browser when you point to the ip. Dashboard does not see the unit since the hard reset.

I don't know if anyone is reading this forum anymore but if they are is there any suggestions to get the NAS going?

Got the NAS running again. Booted from an usb stick using senomoto's instructions. Tried back in September but it didn't work and I got lucky this time. Loaded .22 software via upgrade in Web admin and reset boot option from usb to nand.