Thread: Connect to Node through home network rather than vice versa

Default Connect to Node through home network rather than vice versa

I apologise in advance if this is an imbecilic question, but is it possible to connect to the Node through my home router, rather than using the Node as a passthrough to the internet.

I'm trying to set up a sonos system with my music stored on the node. Sonos won't work through the Gauntlet wifi network and as far as I can work out I can't access the Node through my home wifi.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by nottoosmart View Post
    I apologise in advance if this is an imbecilic question, but is it possible to connect to the Node through my home router, rather than using the Node as a passthrough to the internet.

I'm trying to set up a sonos system with my music stored on the node. Sonos won't work through the Gauntlet wifi network and as far as I can work out I can't access the Node through my home wifi.

Any thoughts?
    Hey There,

Unfortunately the Gauntlet Node does not have fixed mounting capabilities. The feature in which you are trying to use it for (normally) requires a lan connection. Your best bet would be to go with a NAS device (Network Attached Storage) which has these capabilities built in.