Got a handful of these, as far as I can identify them, they are "Patriot Supersonic Rage XT 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive".

Saying that because we got them from a very famous network company, won't say who they are but their network gear is sort of a blue-ish gray.

They distribute software and once we load, no reason to keep them. But it's incredibly stupid and wasteful to bin a 32G flash drive.

Write protected, of course. Windoz or Linux won't touch it. Or any other downloadable utility.

Busted one open, and identified chipset by another website. (don't know if it's cool to post a link or not)

Patriot has their act together, once I figured it out went to the website and downloaded "Supersonic Rage Write Protect Low Level Fix Tool" which works *perfectly*. I can wipe the old software, remove the partitions, re-format and life is good

UNTIL I UNPLUG IT AND IT GOES BACK TO WRITE PROTECTED!!!!

No switch inside the plastic casing, although I do see some jumper pads wondering if I need to short.

So, run the utility. Do Restore, or Restore and Format. I can immediately read/write the stick. Unplug it, plug it back in, it's write protected again until I run the utility again.