Thread: Patriot XT 64 GB dead?

Default Patriot XT 64 GB dead?

All of a sudden my flash drive does not connect. It makes a chime when I connect it or disconnect it. Tried other usb ports and computers, is this flash drive dead? Is there anything I can do to recover my data?

Unfortunately, we do not offer any data recovery services or software. However, we have tried this free software that's not guaranteed but has worked in the past.
    Please try this data recovery utility to possibly recover your data from the drive.
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
    Download 7.00
    Extract the zip file. In Windows 7 drag and drop the "testdisk-7.00-WIP" folder to another location like Desktop.
    Or you can use a FREE utility called WinZip to extract (or unzip) the files.
    RUN photorec_win.exe (easier to use then testdisk_win.exe)
    Important Navigation keys: arrow keys to select, Enter to proceed, Q (quit) to go back
    Select the drive (using the up/down arrow keys) then select >[PROCEED] (enter)
    Select the partition that contain the data you wish to recover or select No Partition for Whole disk scan.
    Then select >[Search]
    Select the default >[other] FAT/NTFS/HFS+ OR Relevant format
    Next Select the Destination to save the recovered files. Arrow to select another directory then C to continue
    Hopefully this works for you. Otherwise, the only high-probable method to retrieve the data would be to send it to a data recovery center.

Unfortunately, we do not offer any data recovery services or software. However, we have tried this free software that's not guaranteed but has worked in the past.
    Please try this data recovery utility to possibly recover your data from the drive.
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
    Download 7.00
    Extract the zip file. In Windows 7 drag and drop the "testdisk-7.00-WIP" folder to another location like Desktop.
    Or you can use a FREE utility called WinZip to extract (or unzip) the files.
    RUN photorec_win.exe (easier to use then testdisk_win.exe)
    Important Navigation keys: arrow keys to select, Enter to proceed, Q (quit) to go back
    Select the drive (using the up/down arrow keys) then select >[PROCEED] (enter)
    Select the partition that contain the data you wish to recover or select No Partition for Whole disk scan.
    Then select >[Search]
    Select the default >[other] FAT/NTFS/HFS+ OR Relevant format
    Next Select the Destination to save the recovered files. Arrow to select another directory then C to continue
    Hopefully this works for you. Otherwise, the only high-probable method to retrieve the data would be to send it to a data recovery center.