Thread: Heavy Stuff - Please don't read if you are not into heavy emotional stuff

Default Heavy Stuff - Please don't read if you are not into heavy emotional stuff

How do you comfort a person who's lost both parents within 6 months of one another? Do you explain that they are better off because they were really sick and was in a lot of pain and suffering? Even if that were true, is that even a proper thing to say? I have no experience in these kinds of emotional things and I really want to be supportive. My friend is very strong - I see her that way, but this time, I feel that she is keeping everything inside and she just might have a heart attack if she does not get her feelings out. Thoughts?

Don't explain anything. Just be there to help out with things that will go undone, and listen when the person wants to get things out. This is a situation that requires time and it is different for each individual. If you are a church person, put them in your prayers until the healing passes. It may be a while.

Presence should be enough.