Thread: 128gb pulse no longer recognized by windows xp

Default 128gb pulse no longer recognized by windows xp

I bought a 128gb pulse flash drive usb 2.0 over a year ago.
    I've been using it without any issues until last week.
    I plugged it in to my Windows xp (sp3) pc and the activity light briefly flashed, then stayed solid red. Normally it would flash for a few seconds as the pc reads it, but it only said "found new hardware," which surprised me because I've been using the drive for a long time.
    When I open "my computer" it shows the drive, but doesn't refer to it as "patriot" like it used to- it just says "generic device." It also shows it as having "0 bytes used" and "0 bytes available" even though there is probably over 50gb of data on it!
    When I use "safely remove hardware," I can eject it without issues: this also causes the red light to finally go off.
    I get the same results when plugged in to my windows xp (sp3) laptop.
    Is the drive dead/corrupt? or is the data possibly still there somehow?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by C.H.O.A.M View Post
    I bought a 128gb pulse flash drive usb 2.0 over a year ago.
    I've been using it without any issues until last week.
    I plugged it in to my Windows xp (sp3) pc and the activity light briefly flashed, then stayed solid red. Normally it would flash for a few seconds as the pc reads it, but it only said "found new hardware," which surprised me because I've been using the drive for a long time.
    When I open "my computer" it shows the drive, but doesn't refer to it as "patriot" like it used to- it just says "generic device." It also shows it as having "0 bytes used" and "0 bytes available" even though there is probably over 50gb of data on it!
    When I use "safely remove hardware," I can eject it without issues: this also causes the red light to finally go off.
    I get the same results when plugged in to my windows xp (sp3) laptop.
    Is the drive dead/corrupt? or is the data possibly still there somehow?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I have also a problem with my 128Gb card - card can't be recognized by any device! Patriot support is awful! They actually made such a conditions for warranty procedure, that I can't now change the card by warranty cover! Awful product, awful company, awful European office, no any reply from US office! Don't ever by products of Patriot!!!

@aspiremyworld

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Send us an email: support@patriotmem.com and we'll be glad to look into this issue for you.