Thread: Blast Stopped Working

Default Blast Stopped Working

I built a new computer in mid-December with a blast drive as the only hd. This morning, if I start the computer it goes directly to BIOS. The blast drive does not appear in the list of drives. I tried using a recovery disk, and it said the drive was locked.

I have turned off and unplugged the computer, unplugged the drive and waited 20 minutes. I have changed the power supply wire and the port on the motherboard and nothing has changed, so it appears to be the SSD drive.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

RMA it. I just had to do the same for a 960GB Blast drive that lasted ~2 months. They shipped me a new-in-box drive pretty quick.

There is a warning about a firmware update on the Blast product page. That might be the cause of these failures

I had the same issue. I never did the firmware upgrade. I'm still waiting to hear back from support as well. I put my old slow HDD back in my system for now which works.

I had a 480gb glast fail the other day. I left two messages with support today, one at 9 am and the other at 4:50 pm. I have not heard back at all. I also submitted an email to support and rma and the rebate department. I have not recieved my $25 rebate even though it was supposedly sent out last month.

I also noticed that the front main website under the warranty info does not list blast drives. This is my second time ever trying to handle a warranty issue with patriot. The time before was for memory. I got the RMA# but never sent the memory. My bad, but I don't remember the support not existing. I am suprised it is not more of an automated system.