Thread: 16Gb Ram Upgrade for a Dell XPS 1702x

Default 16Gb Ram Upgrade for a Dell XPS 1702x

Hello... First Post... Prior to posting I read the first 15 pages and didn't find an answer, so I post this.....

I've read on other forums where Patriot memory can successfully be used to do a 16Gb Ram Upgrade on a Dell XPS Laptop 1702x i7 2630QM (NON 3D, 2 Ram slot) Laptop with A19 Bios, and W7-64 OS.

Problem is: none of the posts I've read indicate What Part Number to purchase!!! I'm ready to upgrade now...

So I post here.... asking for the part number and specs of the Ram Needed..

I presently have 8Gb (2x 4Gb) in this, but due to multiple Adobe Programs I run, want to upgrade to 16Gb....

Thank You!
    Jan
    Last edited by JanJ; 10-30-2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason: further information on laptop specs

After no replies were given, I found ram elsewhere.... Never Mind!

Quote Originally Posted by JanJ View Post
    Hello... First Post... Prior to posting I read the first 15 pages and didn't find an answer, so I post this.....

I've read on other forums where Patriot memory can successfully be used to do a 16Gb Ram Upgrade on a Dell XPS Laptop 1702x i7 2630QM (NON 3D, 2 Ram slot) Laptop with A19 Bios, and W7-64 OS.

Problem is: none of the posts I've read indicate What Part Number to purchase!!! I'm ready to upgrade now...

So I post here.... asking for the part number and specs of the Ram Needed..

I presently have 8Gb (2x 4Gb) in this, but due to multiple Adobe Programs I run, want to upgrade to 16Gb....

Thank You!
    Jan