Thread: RMA Question

Default RMA Question

One of my RAM sticks is defective,not both. If I figure out which stick it is, can I just send back one of them to be replaced and keep using the other while you are repairing the defective one?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkluck View Post
    One of my RAM sticks is defective,not both. If I figure out which stick it is, can I just send back one of them to be replaced and keep using the other while you are repairing the defective one?
    Greetings,

The first thing that needs to be asked is, did you buy them both as a Kit or as single sticks?

If it was a Kit then the RMA policy for Patriot Memory is that the entire Kit needs to be returned for the RMA. This is specifically to ensure there are no additional, potential conflicts.

RAM essentially all should work fine together, but occasionally fully functional and working RAM does not run well with other fully functional and working RAM.

Rather than send you out one stick from a different batch and risk that small chance of a conflict, we simply want to send you a full Kit that we know will work together flawlessly.

Thank you.

Patriot Memory Support