Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 128 Warp V.2 won't format or reinstall

The OS doesn't load, there a boot issue, its not a bios issue, as I am using the old 2.4 inch regular drive again. I still have the drive, personally i'd like a new one, BUT! I cannot just send it in for warranty, hence why i've left it sitting in my office at work. If Patriot has a bay area office I could meet them and show them the issue and let me destroy it in front of them to get a new one, I'd do it.

Default Please confirm...

The drive does not boot but the data still is accessible?

We are located in Fremont but I don't believe we have much of an open door policy.

Furthermore I'm not sure how much that would help though if you were able to come in. Honestly, our Northern California facility doesn't have any kind of proprietary tools or software for SSD test. Chances are we have access to the same basic SSD software available to the public.

All bad RMA'd drives we test get sent back to the manufacturer overseas. Have you tried contacting a data recovery center? They are usually good with retrieving data on a deep extraction level. Maybe they would be able to do the opposite and destroy stubborn data on a deeper level?

Good Luck.

The problem is the data is permanently written on the drive, but theres a problem with booting and writing to the drive. We've done some deep formatting on it and it still retains all my previous data. I cannot reinstall over the data now.

I cannot send it off to overseas or give it to anybody because it has a lot of private data on there. I have work and personal data on it. The reason I wanted to show it in person was so hopefully I could just prove that it is broken and get a replacement. As oddly as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by bwong83 View Post
    The reason I wanted to show it in person was so hopefully I could just prove that it is broken and get a replacement. As oddly as it sounds.
    At most, you might be able to come in to get a new drive. However, your defective drive will be sent to the manufacturer regardless. Unfortunately there is no way of getting around this. Inventory-wise, we need to be able to take a drive in order to issue one out. I can do what I can here to ensure you that we won't look at the drive or data, but I can't guaruntee you what will become of it when it is out of our hands.

I don't know what this will do to the warrantee (you would have to ask)... BUT... There is a way to erase / scramble the data on the drive. Don't know if it would mess up the firmware (probably) rendering it a total brick (DEAD).

In GSA we pass entire laptops (including the SSD or hard drive(s) through a degaussing coil. U can do this with the SSD and it should erase / scramble it. It is worth a try IF Patriot agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by magic-man View Post
    I don't know what this will do to the warrantee (you would have to ask)... BUT... There is a way to erase / scramble the data on the drive. Don't know if it would mess up the firmware (probably) rendering it a total brick (DEAD).

In GSA we pass entire laptops (including the SSD or hard drive(s) through a degaussing coil. U can do this with the SSD and it should erase / scramble it. It is worth a try IF Patriot agrees.
    Hmmm... What exactly is this method? I'm kind of curious.

If there is a way to scramble the data, I'd love to do it. I'd love to replace this SSD drive, it was a gift from my dad for my birthday and I'd love to have it again.

try a secure erase. or dban.

Try the post on how to do a secure erase in my guide here:
    http://www.patriotmem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2922