Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corza: Bittorrent freeze on start issue

Default Corza: Bittorrent freeze on start issue

I see they have posted the update software for the FW and the torrent download update has any one tried it, maybe give input on their experience with the updates my Question is will the updates affect the information I have stored on my unit( will I lose it )

There are several items zipped in the FW zip what file do we use to update?

http://www.patriotmemory.com/product...id=839&type=19
    Last edited by akamap; 09-30-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akamap View Post
    I see they have posted the update software for the FW and the torrent download update has any one tried it, maybe give input on their experience with the updates my Question is will the updates affect the information I have stored on my unit( will I lose it )

There are several items zipped in the FW zip what file do we use to update?

http://www.patriotmemory.com/product...id=839&type=19
    Hello akamap,

Based on our tests in the lab, data remained intact but in rare occasions you may need to reset your network settings, (i.e. ip address etc).

Although it comes in a .rar file, you should save it and run it as it through the GUI. There is no need to unzip the file.

Default TorrentFlux software Question? Did updates and didnít lose any data.

TorrentFlux software Question did updates and didnít lose any data.

I canít get the any torrents to download just say starting never starts. I setup router port rang that were identified in the setup under admin 49160 through 49300. I set up nas with static ip but still not receiving any data. Are there any manuals on setting up TorrentFlux Software?
    I restarted nas after all updates I can log in and navigate through the TorrentFlux software but canít download anything never starts.

Hello,

The setup guide can be found here:

http://www.patriotmemory.com/product...tup_Manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by akamap View Post
    TorrentFlux software Question did updates and didnít lose any data.

I canít get the any torrents to download just say starting never starts. I setup router port rang that were identified in the setup under admin 49160 through 49300. I set up nas with static ip but still not receiving any data. Are there any manuals on setting up TorrentFlux Software?
    I restarted nas after all updates I can log in and navigate through the TorrentFlux software but canít download anything never starts.
    After tinkering with the software over the past couple of days, I think I have found your problem (this solved my problem):

Login -> Admin -> Settings

Look for the field where you specify "Python Path". It probably has a red dot. Change it from "/usr/bin/python" to "/usr/local/bin/python".

Patriot Support: perhaps you can either set that as the default for future software releases, or create a symbolic link from /usr/bin/python -> /usr/local/bin/python in future firmware/system updates.

After I changed that, torrentflux seems to be working great.

Now to figure out the super slow SMB transfer speed problem .

Smile Hey this solved the bittorrent issue stuck on "starting"

Thanks for the tip this fixed my issue. The python directory is not properly set. No wonder it would not startup. Hey Patriot if you will not fix this in the install please add to the "How to's" in the documentation. Get your documentation in order and you will see sales of this little box jump. You will prevent angry emails and returns and you will sell many of these NAS boxes. After all this is why you make them.

Thread stickied. I will pass it on to the Product Development team.

Thank you for the input.

Default Bittorrent

I have done the fix that has been suggested in the thread and still cannot enable torrent downloading.

did you make sure you have the correct ports forwarded to your corza?

Default Bitorrent

thanks but nowhere on the instructions does it state to add a port opening to the corza from the router with regards to torrents. I am successfully connecting via FTP: What must I do to enable it ?
    Thanks in advance for your help