Thread: Retail Packaging and accessories

Default Retail Packaging and accessories

I didn't see anything in the instructions about sending accessories and retail packaging. I though since it was not included in the instructions, Patriot would just send me the drive itself back. I just included the retail package and the drive.(SSD) Before I did this I called an RMA rep (I have the name of the person) and she told me to just send the drive only. I can't even find the screws and jumper, I just put those in the big box of syuff I have. I woudn't be able to find them if I had to. Now I hear from another service rep that I SHOULD HAVE included everything. I am going to have a heart attack! SHould I run to the UPS store and see if I can catch it? Anybody?

EDIT: I guess since I got the okay fro an RMA rep I will hope for the best. I thought Patriot would probably just fix or send a replacement drive only back to me. It never crossed my mind they MAY send a new one in the box with the screws and metal plate. If anyone from Patriot is reading this, PM me and I will send the metal plate if needed. I sent the packaging and I have already lost the screws.

Also, if you need the retail packaging and accessories please post it here so I can keep mine for the next 10 years in my safe so I don't loose them like I did in 3 months this time.
    Last edited by nate42nd; 10-01-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Partiot Torqx 128GB/2 WD 500GB Black/ i7 860
    Patriot Torqx 128GB/2 WD 500GB Black/Core2 Quad 8400

Quote Originally Posted by nate42nd View Post
    I didn't see anything in the instructions about sending accessories and retail packaging. I though since it was not included in the instructions, Patriot would just send me the drive itself back. I just included the retail package and the drive.(SSD) Before I did this I called an RMA rep (I have the name of the person) and she told me to just send the drive only. I can't even find the screws and jumper, I just put those in the big box of syuff I have. I woudn't be able to find them if I had to. Now I hear from another service rep that I SHOULD HAVE included everything. I am going to have a heart attack! SHould I run to the UPS store and see if I can catch it? Anybody?
    Hello Nate,

I spoke to the RMA dept. and while they would prefer all rma's came in with the original packaging, supplies, etc it's fine if you don't have them.

No need to hurry back to the UPS store.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Hello Nate,

I spoke to the RMA dept. and while they would prefer all rma's came in with the original packaging, supplies, etc it's fine if you don't have them.

No need to hurry back to the UPS store.
    Thanks for the reply Ben, I will keep the new ones (if they send new ones) in a safe place just in case. I suspect with the high quality Patriot products I will never need to go through this again.
    Partiot Torqx 128GB/2 WD 500GB Black/ i7 860
    Patriot Torqx 128GB/2 WD 500GB Black/Core2 Quad 8400