Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troubleshooting for Patriot Xporter XT Boost 8GB Flash Drive

Default Troubleshooting for Patriot Xporter XT Boost 8GB Flash Drive

I've had my flash drive since August 2008 and have loved it ever since.

But recently, I have been unable to access the files of my flash drive no matter what computer I use. Whenever I plug my flash drive to my computer, it would take longer than usual for the computer to recognize it. Also, instead of naming it PATRIOT, it's called "USB DISK 30X USB."

On My Computer, it is named as a Removable Disk in which I can't even access it. I check the properties and it says "0 bytes." I really hope there's a way to recover the files or at least make the flash drive usable again.

Much help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by macp View Post
    Whenever I plug my flash drive to my computer, it would take longer than usual for the computer to recognize it.
    Although it takes a while to show up, can you try to get the drive to recognize again? If you do please backup your data. I want to send you a low level format tool that might fix the issue. The format will erase your data.

Unfortunately, my laptop can only recognize my flash drive as a "removable disk." When I double-click on it on My Computer, it asks to "insert a disk."

Hello macp,

I sent you a low level format tool that might fix the issue to your registered email address. Unfortunately you will lose your data. If you have anything that is exremely important, you might want to send it off to a data retrieval center before attempting to format the drive.

Good Luck.

Default same problem here

hello, i have a same problem with my "Patriot Xporter XT Boost 8GB Flash Drive" like "macp" only thing different is that its name is "izmenljiv disk" (eng. Removable Disk) and not USB DISK 30X USB like he wrote... (->see pic)

i use win7 and i tried it on win xp but it was the same there too :/

btw i don't care about the data on my flash drive i just want it to work again so i am actually asking for this format tool.

Tnx in advance for your time

hello again, well i got that format tool but no success, it just says no USB device found :S
    any other advice ?

Default problem with NTFS use - need new low level format

Ben, et al,

I have the same problem that Fabrizio Cuturi and many others have mentioned here. I have the Patriot Magnum 64Gb usb drive. After reformatting the drive in DOS for a NTFS file structure, Windows was only able to see the first partition, which was labeled as a FAT32 partition of about 200Mb. The rest of the 64Gb was invisible to Windows. Furthermore, Windows now recognizes the usb device as "USB Disk 30X" and no longer as "Patriot". Not to mention the fact that I can't access it.

I'm running Windows XP S3.

It seems to me that I need a low level format. Please send as soon as you can.

BTW - this is my third large Patriot USB drive. One of the others is also a 64Gb. I've never had an problems with these before. I am using the 64Gb drives to store disk images of my desktop hard drives. The software I'm using is Acronis (in case you know of any new conflicts).

Thanks.

richard003 [at] gmail.com
    Last edited by richard003; 03-30-2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: adding windows version

Default Xporter XT Boost 32GB

I hate to be a "me to", but I just received a 32 GB Xporter and on two different XP machines I get the same Removable Drive and "no disk in drive" message.

I noticed that one person had no luck with the low level format. Any further news on this problem would be appreciated. I would hate to have to RMA this drive.

Thanks,
    Ron

Default Need Format tool

I was saving my files at the last minute on a laptop and it shut down right before the files could completely save. I thought it would be fine but the memory doesn't work at all now...

I tried using the HP USB DISK format tool but nothing happened so i would love if you guys could send me the format tool. It would save me the trouble of having to buy the same thing.

Thanks Chris,

Default 32Gb Patriot Drive shows 0 bytes

My drive just started doing it this weekend as well. I was using it as my Xbox memory stick. Can I get the utility? Know I can't save the data but hope I can save the drive. Thanks.