Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 252

Thread: Anyone know of a third party WIFI/WRLS USB stick that works with the Patriot Box?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Anyone know of a third party WIFI/WRLS USB stick that works with the Patriot Box?

    Ive been trying to buy one of these Wifi/Wireless adapters in Canada for weeks and I can never snag one in time.

    has anyone tested another manufacturers WIFI usb stick to see if it will work?
    If so .. which model?

    I want the Patriot one but I cant get it anywhere.

    Thank you,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nookers View Post
    Ive been trying to buy one of these Wifi/Wireless adapters in Canada for weeks and I can never snag one in time.

    has anyone tested another manufacturers WIFI usb stick to see if it will work?
    If so .. which model?

    I want the Patriot one but I cant get it anywhere.

    Thank you,
    Patriot promised a WIFI compatibility list in the near future.
    Meanwhile, Candacomputers (East) and XpressCanada (West) are taking backorders for $25 and $22 respectively.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Yeah but its never in stock .. I dont want to wait .. I want to try to use this ASAP .. I have family visiting this weekend .. its like pulling teeth trying to get someone to recommend a comparable product or get any information on the one thats in it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    303

    Default

    try NCIX, we do special order for them some times..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_CJ View Post
    try NCIX, we do special order for them some times..
    NCIX doesn't carry the adapter (last time I checked).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    303

    Default

    they should have now.. i had them create the part as well as taking orders. check with those guys.. they are pretty fast..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    realtek chipset is the wireless USB adapter .. the kind people at Patriot finally got back to me.

    Now I have to figure out why I cant remove subtitles from files and why sometimes I get a video error where a green text is keep popping up and depixelating.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default Wireless N

    So where can I get a wireless N USB adapter with a realteck chipset that will work with the PBO? I am not sure what I am looking for???

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Its weird,

    I get an email from one person at Patriot saying that I have to use Realtek drivers .. and another that said any Wireless G usb will work

    They dont list them because they will only handle tech support for
    products they sell.

    I give up

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nookers View Post
    Its weird,

    I get an email from one person at Patriot saying that I have to use Realtek drivers .. and another that said any Wireless G usb will work

    They dont list them because they will only handle tech support for
    products they sell.

    I give up
    Found this on another forum...

    According to the libraries installed in the player, I think only the following Realtek Wireless Chipset are supported, at least for now :

    11N8709
    RTL8187
    RTL8191SU

    Is this correct? Anyone know where to get one of these?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •