Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware update issues.

Default Firmware update issues.

Someone please help!! downloaded the firmware ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P02. unziped with rar and put the files onto my hard drive. whent in to the gui and selected upgrade. everything went fine until the reboot. when it rebooted it stopped at the box office screen. that is where it sits now.

Is there a hard drive in it?

Try taking that out and see what happens...might be a format thing. With upgrade of new firmware, PBO doesn't see hard drive as "properly" formatted.

...did you have the firmware file on the internal drive or an external drive?

Wow that really blows...
    My PC:
    Intel Q9550 MSI P35 8GB OCZ 1066 ATi 5870 WD 640GB Black x 2 Raid 0 700W OCZ Asus 26" LCD

Patriot Box Office & Home Setup:
    Firmware v.PCMPBO25-P02 Toshiba 160GB Sata-II installed
    Vizio VL470M 47" 120Hz LCD
    Monoprice 1.3 HDMI/Spdif Cables

Whoa, I was going to try the beta because of some stutters on some big mkvs.

i have a western digital external drive only. so i had the update on my external.

Quote Originally Posted by vw61vert View Post
    Someone please help!! downloaded the firmware ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P02. unziped with rar and put the files onto my hard drive. whent in to the gui and selected upgrade. everything went fine until the reboot. when it rebooted it stopped at the box office screen. that is where it sits now.
    I'm having the exact same problem. How do I reset the firmware? There's got to be a reset button hidden somewhere inside. HELP

I'm having a similar problem in which I my unit failed to upgrade after following the directions. I can't even power off the box with the remote.

I followed the instructions on how to upgrade the firmware. It wouldn't even show the setup after waiting about 10 minutes. It just gets stuck with a black screen. I tried powering it off then back and on, but it still wouldn't work. Still all black.

one question..... did you guys load the firmware file on the INTERNAL HDD or USB devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_CJ View Post
    one question..... did you guys load the firmware file on the INTERNAL HDD or USB devices?
    I loaded the firmware on the internal HDD. Is there a way to reset it somehow?

It seems the only good thing that came out of this upgrading firmware experience is that all of my files are still intact in the internal hard drive.