Thread: NAS access from computer

Thumbs down NAS access from computer

Iím another average computer guy who doesnít know that much.
    Iím running WIN XP and did not have any problems setting up Corza as a file server for home network. Everything was OK as long as I did not shut my computer . Now I can not access ďadminĒ part of HD. I can access drive thru web browser, but file explorer is asking me for password . Iím putting same password as admin in web page, but it is not working . Just wonder Ė do we have some other password in the system for access admin part??????
    I did go thru all settings and can not come up with anything. Any help will be appreciated.

Some things to try:

1) Make sure you have set up the NAS to be in the same workgroup/domain as the other machines on your network. You'll know if you can see it in My Network Places.

2) Try resetting the admin password. Login to the NAS from a browser, click on Users and Groups, click on admin from the list, and change the password and save, and log back out and try again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for help - won't work.
    1. I can see drive in file explorer, I can access guest part of it.
    2. I did change password thru browser - still NG.

Sorry if I'm not that much help, but I pretty much describe myself the same way you described yourself in your first post: an average computer guy. I bought the NAS because I wanted a relatively inexpensive device with large storage space to put my media on. I ended up with the Corza because of the price. It is as far from plug and play as you can get, but I was determined to get it to work, and thought it would do me some good to understand how do use a linux based device.

I was having the same issue you are having when I first set it up. Every time I would click on the "folders" in the NAS a username/pw screen would pop up, and sometimes I could get it to give me access, and sometimes I couldn't. After I made sure the NAS was in the same work group as my other computers, the problem seemed to clear up. I still have to type in the username and pw which is annoying, but at least I can get in. It just seems like we ought to be able to give permission one time and be done with it. Evidently that's not the case with Linux devices.

Christopher,

I pulled this from the Corza - Compiled General Info Post:

Onosqv
    Drive Issues
    Open My Computer
    - Type in \\corza-nas\ or \\<whatever you named your corza>\
    - It should show you the folders you shared w/o having to log in
    - If you try to access a folder, it will ask for a username/password or just let you in, depending on how you set the share.

Hopefully this helps.

Sorry for being quiet, lost all mail in mailbox.

Nothing is working, I have checked everything I could, network name, userID, password, access setup and still can not get to patr hiddeng by password. Guest part is OK, no problem there -"admin on CORZA-NAS (corza-nas)" this part is locked out.

Default same issue

I am having the same issue now. Why I cannot access the admin folder as I used to? Same workgroup, have updated admin password through the Patriot browser..nada!