Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Box Office stream video content from Netflix, Hulu, CBS, Youtube and etc.?

Default Can Box Office stream video content from Netflix, Hulu, CBS, Youtube and etc.?

Can box office support streaming video content from Netflix, Hulu, CBS, Youtube, CNN, ESPN and etc.? If so, how to do that? Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by rrurru View Post
    Can box office support streaming video content from Netflix, Hulu, CBS, Youtube, CNN, ESPN and etc.? If so, how to do that? Thanks alot.
    through "tversity" and "playon", google is your friend .. once you got any of them installed PBO should be able to connect to them via UPNP/Net section

Thanks. Would you mind to teach me the details about how to set it up? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by rrurru View Post
    Thanks. Would you mind to teach me the details about how to set it up? Thanks again.
    I would be more than happy, but alas, I don't have such knowledge. I think Playon or Tversity forums would be the right place to check for resources.

Thanks a lot!

Smile

a) Download & Install Tversity, uncheck the boxes that install anything other than Tversity (don't install the Babylon whatever thing and DON'T install the Tversity codec pack)
    b) UNCHECK everything at the end of the install (DON'T start the server, don't open the Tversity interface - we don't want it to run until the codecs are installed)
    c) Open a "Run" box ("Run" under the Start menu) and type Services.msc, hit Enter. Find the Tversity Media Server and double-click it and change the Startup Type to Manual. (don't worry we'll change it back in a second) This is to ensure Tversity doesn't start until we're ready for it to.
    d) RESTART YOUR PC. There's a reason this in all caps. There's a reason it doesn't say "install the codec pack" yet.
    e) Download & Install the CCCP. Go here: http://www.cccp-project.net/ and get the most current version. Make sure not to disable Haali & ffdshow when you install CCCP.
    f) Download & Install the Haali Media splitter or Matroska Splitter. Go here: http://www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html (LOOK UNDER "FILTERS and you'll see CCCP....then, yep, Haali Media Splitter).
    g) RESTART YOUR PC.
    h) Once you've restarted, repeat step C, but change the startup type to Automatic if you want the server to be on when Windows starts. If you don't want it to be, leave it as Manual and you can start it thru the Services.msc screen or via the Tversity interface. I prefer to have it Manual so that its not using resources unless I want it to, but if its not in use it doesn't really eat up CPU too bad.
    i)Open TVersity - by now you can pretty much good to go! You also needed to check ALWAYS TRANSCODE on both the file library on Tversity and on the Setting tabs as well. Check this youtube video and you will get the idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7IIfRxoE8g.

Good Luck and Happy installing TVersity!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bijal View Post
    Good Luck and Happy installing TVersity!
    Great post, thanks Bijal

Thumbs up

Just wanted to add few thing:

You don't need to do step f) anymore, only one codec pack is fine(CCCP).
    And in step i) You needed to check N/A TRANSCODE instead of ALWAYS TRANCODE on the file library and check ONLY WHEN NEEDED on the Setting tabs.

Cheers!!

Default Sounds like this...

...should be a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by gsking View Post
    ...should be a sticky?
    +1 ... Yes .. it should.