Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a newer firmware....

Hi all

I just bought a pluscom single port usb nas that has the same chip and uses the same firmware

I'm having probs with it dropping the network connection after a random amount of time. I set up a constant ping from a pc and it just dies, it doesnt seem to matter what its doing or what hdd if any is connected to the usb port.

I flashed it with the R3282-1.59b LOADER32 1.20b W1.32 which seemed to work fine but the problem still persists.

I saw on this thread that someone had a problem with it freezing? Is that the same issue and does the 1.56 firmware fix it? If so where can i download it?

Thanks

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edk83 View Post
    Hi all

I just bought a pluscom single port usb nas that has the same chip and uses the same firmware

I'm having probs with it dropping the network connection after a random amount of time. I set up a constant ping from a pc and it just dies, it doesnt seem to matter what its doing or what hdd if any is connected to the usb port.

I flashed it with the R3282-1.59b LOADER32 1.20b W1.32 which seemed to work fine but the problem still persists.

I saw on this thread that someone had a problem with it freezing? Is that the same issue and does the 1.56 firmware fix it? If so where can i download it?

Thanks

Ed
    You might have better luck with the humanmedia firmware.
    http://www.humanmedia.pl/download/Fi...282_v1_55a.zip

Thats just what I was after thanks, will try it when I get home this evening

Just tried it and it still drops the connection after about 5min

I'm going back to the ebay seller now as nothing more I can try.

Did you disable the HDD sleep?

That can cause it to freeze also.

Maybe a hardware problem. Mine is Pluscom too (purchased on ebay, safekom seller) with firmware R3282-1.59b LOADER32 1.20b W1.32 from Icy Box. I'll configure it tonight, then I'll left feedback here.

I also have tried all the firmwares in the threads around here. Both Partiot and two other brands.
    All have the same result for me: disconnected after some time. Sometimes after one hour, sometimes after two days.

I am now trying with a USB stick instead of my harddrive just to see if there is any difference. Maybe not all types of harddrives work well with this unit.

I bought it because it got a recommendation from a norwegian Digi.no site.
    I am regretting it already. Have been fiddling with this thing for a couple of weeks now.

Is there anyone out there that does NOT have the disconnected problem? And if so, what type of harddrive is used?

:-)

Mine doesnt have that option that I can see and it drops the connection even if there is no disk connected.

Happens totally at random and will not ping until its powered off and on again.

I have never had it working for more than an hour though in two days of messing.

Mine is from safekom as well, interested to see how you get on Drifting.....

Emails to / from Safekom

Hi

The unit stays powered up, all leds are still on. It just drops the network connection and will not reconnect until its restarted. I have now tried it on a different router, switch, different cables etc and it will not keep a network connection for more than about 30min. It is impossible to stream video or copy files over the network as the connection is always lost. I have also tried a couple of different hard drives and the problem still occurs even with no hard drive conneced.

I dont think its a power issue as the unit says powered up. It seems to crash or just stop responding until its rebooted.

I have done a factory reset and also tried a later firmware with no joy. It looks like a hardware fault on the unit itself.

Thanks

Ed

To: edk83@hotmail.com
    Subject: RE: edk83 has sent a question about item #310171839184, ending on 28-May-10 22:43:36 BST - USB NAS Adapter for HDD Caddy UPNP Printer Server SAMBA
    Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 21:48:08 +0100

Hi,
    We are really sorry for facing problem please confirm that problem may be power adopter is not roking well.

BR
    Mike

Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:07 PM
    To: ebay@safekom.com
    Subject: RE: edk83 has sent a question about item #310171839184, ending on 28-May-10 22:43:36 BST - USB NAS Adapter for HDD Caddy UPNP Printer Server SAMBA

Hi

Thanks, I have the device working with a fat32 formatted hard drive, this is ok.

I am however having problems with it dropping the network connection at random until the nas is powered off and on again. I have tried a known good network cable and port on the switch but its still doing it.

I have read on a couple of forums that a few people have had this problem. Is there a fix that you know of? An updated firmware perhaps? Or do I have a faulty unit?

Thanks

Ed

Mine doesnt have that option that I can see and it drops the connection even if there is no disk connected.

Happens totally at random and will not ping until its powered off and on again.

I have never had it working for more than an hour though in two days of messing.

Mine is from safekom as well, interested to see how you get on Drifting.....
    Since tonight (about 14h ago), my mini-NAS Pluscom is working properly, without any problem and able to connect and ping each time I try.

The only problem is that my HDD doesn't sleep. I configured it to sleep in 10 minutes (of inactiviry, I suppose) but it is always running. My HDD enclusure support SMART and when I connect it no my PC, by USB, it sleeps on configured time of inactivity. There is any way to solve this problem?