Thread: FTP dont work on my GearBox

Default FTP dont work on my GearBox

hi,

i have the problem that when somone want to connect to my ftp server eveything is ok ... he sees the files he should see
    , and he can create an folder and put things into it an download them (his own files)... but everytime when he tries to downoad something from my stuff there comes an critical error (550 when i remember right), he can download his own stuff but not mine.
    i have given allready all rights i can give to him ... but it dont work

has anybody an solution for my problem : ) ?
    Last edited by Dennse; 04-25-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Iv got the same problem. Upgraded to latest firmware (NTFS) and all transfers stops after a few seconds..
    I havent tried the old FAT firmware, but some says it works fine on FTP except for files larger than 4Gig.

Im hoping Patriot crew soon has a stable NTFS Firmware

Hello,
    i had flashed my Gearbox with NTFS firmware
    Everything is working fine excluding FTP
    I can drag and drop files via SMB with no problem (just speed is quite slow ), but FTP is not working - can't copy or transfer nothing
    I had created user account under FTP server(with the same credentials like in Samba), share user's folder .
    Under this folder I had created subfolders "music", "movies" and "pictures, put there some contents using SMB
    I'm able to open mentioned folders also through FTP server, but can't copy or transfer - for the first appears the window with message "counting transferring time" and then GB freeze for long time and returned with timeout message (forced to reboot it )
    I had opened port 21 in my router and forward it to Gearbox IP address, so I hope that everything should been fine.
    Could someone help me to fix this issue?
    Thanks in advance for assistance

The NTFS firmware is buggy, and many services/features dont work. Patriot retracted it as far as I know, the company who makes these devices never made a workable NTFS firmware.
    I AM NOT A PATRIOT MEMORY EMPLOYEE.

But they have, on occasion, bribed me with hardware.

I am happy to help, but don't PM me. Post a thread in the appropriate forum so others may benefit and offer assistance.
    Your lack of planning is not an emergency on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by BadIntentions View Post
    The NTFS firmware is buggy, and many services/features dont work. Patriot retracted it as far as I know, the company who makes these devices never made a workable NTFS firmware.
    Thanks for your reply. Now it's cleared for me.
    OK, then I have to return to FAT32 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by jurijz View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Now it's cleared for me.
    OK, then I have to return to FAT32 firmware
    Sorry, wish i had a better answer for you.
    I AM NOT A PATRIOT MEMORY EMPLOYEE.

But they have, on occasion, bribed me with hardware.

I am happy to help, but don't PM me. Post a thread in the appropriate forum so others may benefit and offer assistance.
    Your lack of planning is not an emergency on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by BadIntentions View Post
    Sorry, wish i had a better answer for you.
    Hello,
    I returned back to FAT32 last 1.33 firmware. Everything more or less Ok, just have some questions about user accounts in Gearbox
    What is the right setup for normal functionality ? Have a GUEST and USER accounts created in SMB, the same setup in FTP (anomymous and user accounts created).
    Both SMB and FTP user accounts have the same credentials.
    Which account should be enabled and which one disabled ?
    Might be both (user and guest accounts in SMB, and anonymous and user accounts in FTP) enabled or not ?
    I have both enabled, guest account in SAMBA has sharing with BT and PUBLIC folders,
    user account has a sharing only with one folder (with the same name like user account)
    The same setup in FTP
    Sometimes I have a conflicts with my Windows 7 while using FTP (getting an error).
    Should I leave only user account enabled and disable the guest one ? or leave both enabled ?
    Bittorent download the files into PUBLIC forlder.

I'll be very appreciated if you could give me the right setup instructions
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jurijz; 05-30-2011 at 07:21 AM.