Thread: Question for Patriot_Ben regards warranty on Torqx

Default Question for Patriot_Ben regards warranty on Torqx

Hi Ben,

was considering buying another Torqx drive that a store here has in stock. Not quite sure if it's a 2 series or a 6 series, but I just wanted some clarification on the warranty.

If the drive breaks down will I be guaranteed another torqx drive? I have been reading a lot on the forums of drives breaking down, but the owners are then given another model of patriot drives. How does this affect the 10year warranty? What happens if the new drive breaks down and the customer asks for a RMA, does the shorter warranty for the new drive apply first or are the 10year warranties grandfathered in from the torqx drive? If they are grandfathered in, how is this kept track of?

Thanks again,
    Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan987 View Post
    Hi Ben,

was considering buying another Torqx drive that a store here has in stock. Not quite sure if it's a 2 series or a 6 series, but I just wanted some clarification on the warranty.

If the drive breaks down will I be guaranteed another torqx drive? I have been reading a lot on the forums of drives breaking down, but the owners are then given another model of patriot drives. How does this affect the 10year warranty? What happens if the new drive breaks down and the customer asks for a RMA, does the shorter warranty for the new drive apply first or are the 10year warranties grandfathered in from the torqx drive? If they are grandfathered in, how is this kept track of?

Thanks again,
    Jonathan
    Hey Jonathan,

To answer your question, the Torqx drives are being EOL'd. If you purchase a Torqx drive and require an rma down the road, the RMA department will replace your drive with what they have at the moment to make the process as fast as possible. Your 10 Year warranty will still apply from the original purchase date regardless of what drive it is replaced with.

thanks for your response, I now have another 128GB torqx in my possession

Why didn't you guys continue this product...it is your best product to date...will you continue to work with indilinx?