Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US : PBO on sale

Quote Originally Posted by scboley View Post
    Frys Online

3.00 instant off
    25.00 MIR
    59.99 final price
    Thanks scboley -- you caught my interest on this PBO price - but - FYI - I just called frys.com and asked if he knew what bc and frmw was on these units and of course he couldn't find that info -- so I asked if he could see when these PBOs were purchased by Frys and he said last May

Well that pretty much tells you they are not current with frmw and bc

Heads Up!! for anyone thinking about buying one of these PBOs -- plus the $25 rebate is over TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by gmd024 View Post
    Thanks scboley -- you caught my interest on this PBO price - but - FYI - I just called frys.com and asked if he knew what bc and frmw was on these units and of course he couldn't find that info -- so I asked if he could see when these PBOs were purchased by Frys and he said last May

Well that pretty much tells you they are not current with frmw and bc

Heads Up!! for anyone thinking about buying one of these PBOs -- plus the $25 rebate is over TODAY

Isn't one of the previous listed on here with bc23 from frys stores? They'd have to be pulling from the same stockpile and maybe they purchased a bulk buy and are getting shipments throughout the year???

Quote Originally Posted by scboley View Post
    Isn't one of the previous listed on here with bc23 from frys stores? They'd have to be pulling from the same stockpile and maybe they purchased a bulk buy and are getting shipments throughout the year???
    A while back when someone mentioned a PBO at Frys (Brick n Mortar in Tx) for $50 I tried to order one from that Frys location but was told that brick n mortars do not ship - and that I'de have to call frys.com -- but frys.com pricing was much higher -- when I asked if he could just ship from the Texas location and of course charge me the $50 price they had it at there he said nope, we ship from frys.com at a different location and that Frys and Frys.com are run as 2 separate business'

Plus the 2 members in the "General Threads/Newbie..just bought pbo at Frys" post got really different bcs and frmw - the one who got bc23/P05 got his at a BnM store - the other w/bc18/P02 didn't say - but with that much time between bc23 and P02, and the fact that the frys.com guy said the stock he ships to me was delivered to frys.com in May - who knows what bc and frmw they would have

I 'was' a little surprised to hear that a big Co. like Frys had PBO stock sitting around since May - I believe he told me he had 18 - 5 were sold during the $25 rebate thru yesterday 8-12 and he told me the PBO was 'not' on their "discontinued list" - so they will be refreshing their stock soon
    Just realized it Friday the 13th -- nooo waaay I'm buying a PBO today - or anything else!!!

I've decided to wait until Sept 1st to see what the new Rebate and promos will be - the way the price has been dropping recently - who knows what it will cost by then

Quote Originally Posted by gmd024 View Post
    Plus the 2 members in the "General Threads/Newbie..just bought pbo at Frys" post got really different bcs and frmw - the one who got bc23/P05 got his at a BnM store - the other w/bc18/P02 didn't say - but with that much time between bc23 and P02, and the fact that the frys.com guy said the stock he ships to me was delivered to frys.com in May - who knows what bc and frmw they would have

I 'was' a little surprised to hear that a big Co. like Frys had PBO stock sitting around since May - I believe he told me he had 18 - 5 were sold during the $25 rebate thru yesterday 8-12 and he told me the PBO was 'not' on their "discontinued list" - so they will be refreshing their stock soon
    Just realized it Friday the 13th -- nooo waaay I'm buying a PBO today - or anything else!!!

I've decided to wait until Sept 1st to see what the new Rebate and promos will be - the way the price has been dropping recently - who knows what it will cost by then
    You know that just means they aren't moving a lot of stock online versus the BM methods and that's a shame as most operations are quite the opposite nowadays like newegg and even circuit city came back as just an online retailer. Historically being a frys customer back to when their online was called outpost I can tell you its because their site is the worst laid out and clunkiest I've ever used or seen and their webguy needs to be fired for creating that mess.

Price drop again at newegg.com. Use coupon EMCYWZX59 to drop another $10 from their current sale price of $99.99 plus a $35 rebate with free shipping. Final cost would be $55 shipped. The coupon code should be good through 8/25.