Thread: Convoy XL eSATA issue

Default Convoy XL eSATA issue

I've just purchased the Convoy XL PCXL25SR and I really love this little device. I'm hoping that you have an answer for me.

I can get the array mounted when I'm using the USB interface, but not when I switch to eSata. On USB, the device comes right up and is shown in the My Computer list. I can read and write files to the drive without problem.

When I try to plug in through the eSata port, the computer harddrive light flashes and stays on, the computer becomes unresponsive, and display driver keeps shutting down and recovering.

I'm on a Dell M6400 laptop running Vista Ultimate 64. I have another eSata drive that I plug into the same port and it works fine. I've tried using different eSata cables, but I'm still getting the same issue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I can return this to the store and get another one if you think the one I have is bad.

Thanks
    Stephen
    Last edited by slebed; 07-24-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: more clarification

ooohhh mai gawd! I have srta the same problem yah! I got it all setted up in umm..usb mode! then when I plug it in eSATA its all ok! but then when I try opening it or any files, the whole pc becomes slow and unresponsive then eventually it stops responding! I hefta unplug the power or the esata to get my pc running again! helpus pweaasee

What kind of motherboard are you using? Try updating your Intel Matrix/storage drives. It seems like you are having opposite issues from the OP. The op can run esata but not usb, you can esata but not usb correct?

If (by any chance) you have an Nvidia chipset board then it will only support usb as an external drive.

I got mine fixed by uninstalling intel Rapid Storage Technology...you could try that~ ^_^ I soooo happy that mines fixed now! @_@ Can finallly start moving all my random files and use a SSD boot drive...with my Extreme IV SD card for all the temp files and other read/write heavy stuff! @_@

So I suppose I should have checked this before I RMA'd my device. I have my new device now and am having the same issue still. it appears I am having the same issue as the rest of the gang above. System is as follows:
    Alienware M15X, internal Intel SSD's in Raid 1, 8GB memory, Windows 7 Pro, Intel Rapid Storage Technology v9.6, PatriotXp connected via eSATA
    My PatriotXL houses (2) Intel X25 (SSDSA2MM080G2GC 2.5")
    I see it's recognized in the IRST manager but when I start to do anything real like large file transfers it craps out and locks the machine.
    I use this as a demo lab for VMWare demonstrations and peaked my local drives I/O abilities so I would like to go this route.
    Intel drives are brand new and I've tested them in my 1U Intel servers I use for an iSCSI array and the drives work fine.
    I have tried the ConvoyXP in the both Mirrored and SPAN mode and SPAN seems to hold up longer than when in Mirror mode before locking up.
    If I uninstall the IRST what effect will it have on my internal Intel SSD configuration holding all my Laptops production data?

TIA!
    -O

Quote Originally Posted by bigo View Post
    If I uninstall the IRST what effect will it have on my internal Intel SSD configuration holding all my Laptops production data?

TIA!
    -O
    Hello,

The drivers are on the system side. It should not have any affect on the the raid or the info on the drives being housed in the device since it has it's own onboard Raid controller.