Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmarking the PBO .. post results here

Quote Originally Posted by gmd024 View Post
    Question - is the ( 15mbps-1080p-L4.0-4ref-dualAC3.trp ) test file the DVR-MS on the pass/fail list?
    * DVR-MS: FAIL (not visible)
    * TRP: PASS
    6mbps-480i-MPEG-ASF.dvr-ms : FAIL (not visible)
    15mbps-1080p-L4.0-4ref-dualAC3.trp : PASS
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

PBO set to 1080p 24Hz (USB thumbdrive)
    P053 frmw - bc18
    Score is 9/15
    Deinterlace MA (Motion Adaptive)

* M2TS: PASS
    * DVR-MS: FAIL - not visible
    * WMV9: PASS
    * HDTV: FAIL - stutter/jerky
    * AVCHD: PASS
    * Improper encode: FAIL - minor stutter - occassoinal pastel colorization issue
    * DTS: PASS
    * DTS-MA: PASS
    * Dolby TrueHD: FAIL - no audio
    * MP4: PASS
    * 5.1 FLAC + SSA: PASS
    * OGG: FAIL - invalid music file
    * RMVB: PASS
    * TRP: PASS
    * UTF-8: FAIL
    * Deinterlacing: MA
    Last edited by gmd024; 07-27-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Deinterlace VA (Vector Adaptive)
    This is interesting, I wonder if the moving orange squares matched the VA pattern below ? (did you zoom in enough?)

[*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

How to 'do/read' the deinterlacing test - is a little confusing - I did it quite a few times and thought I choose the correct outcome

If you think my result is not correct -- maybe a little more explaination/direction as to how to comprehend the test results will help

I reviewed candre23s' test procedures a few times - but maybe I didn't "get it"

I just did it again -- and I still think my VA outcome is what it looks like

Got any direction here if you think this may be incorrect?
    Last edited by gmd024; 07-27-2010 at 12:04 AM.

How to 'do/read' the deinterlacing test - is a little confusing - I did it quite a few times and thought I choose the correct outcome
    Run the file, and zoom in couple of notches, then move the screen down to where the ticker bar is moving, you should see the orange squares in motion then still in motion again (you need to set the PBO to repeat).

The input is interlaced (1080i) when you set the PBO to 1080p output (and the TV set is 1080p as well), it will have to de-interlace that 1080i images to match the desired output.

Check the diagonal lines of the orange squares as they are moving back and forth:
    - looking smooth : VA
    - looking zigzagged : MA
    - looking hazy : Weave

I know 60hz->24hz is related to pull down, it shouldn't affect the "de-interlacing" but rather motion tearing. That said I will give it another run at 60hz and see if it makes any difference.
    Last edited by aasoror; 07-27-2010 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks - I'll give it a shot tomorrow -- too much smoke rolling out of my ears right now -- "Busy Day"

Yah -- I thought 60Hz would result in a more correct result too!

Interesting that mp4 passed with the latest PBO firmware.

Why am I the only so far with good subtitles on UTF-8?
    (I tested P02 and it failed UTF-8 but played ogg lol)

Also set tv system to 1080p 60Hz and still got MA deinterlacing (P02).

Quote Originally Posted by billcat View Post
    Why am I the only so far with good subtitles on UTF-8?
    (I tested P02 and it failed UTF-8 but played ogg lol)

Also set tv system to 1080p 60Hz and still got MA deinterlacing (P02).
    strange P02 was able to play OGG (Mev reported a fail under P02)
    Can you compile a benchmark result post for your P02 test ?
    BTW .. I PM'ed you about your UTF-8 results on the ACRBO.

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    sorry my bad, I forgot to add that i'd updated firmware just before doing the tests

- P05 Rev2 for Bootcode 18/20

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    Will benchmark the P02 test right away. I also got that FAT+ I'll be comping/benchmarking later
    Replied to your PM .. we've tested different versions of 4318 (mine without optware). Sorry about the confusion. I edited the benchmark info to reflect non optware.
    Last edited by billcat; 07-27-2010 at 03:40 AM.