Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release 4 Firmware (BETA)

Default new firmware

Quote Originally Posted by BadIntentions View Post
    Try using root as your local user.
    sorry to enoy you can you tell what this new firmware improves on as i am running the r3

Quote Originally Posted by hammer25 View Post
    sorry to enoy you can you tell what this new firmware improves on as i am running the r3
    R4 offers nothing to people who are not Linux/OSX users.
    I AM NOT A PATRIOT MEMORY EMPLOYEE.

But they have, on occasion, bribed me with hardware.

I am happy to help, but don't PM me. Post a thread in the appropriate forum so others may benefit and offer assistance.
    Your lack of planning is not an emergency on my part.

Default problems

4 days on this just to try get it copy files to usb drive it does then comes up error i think this thing is totaly uselss i think a thesus ns2200 for 199 bucks does more works 5 times the speeds and telnet i have no ideah how to use so i guess to i bought a shoe box as well thankx for youre time

Default NFS mount stopped working...

Here is a remote ubuntu machine:
    #showmount -e 192.168.0.4

Export list for 192.168.0.4:
    /mnt/data/public 192.168.0.*

Now I try:

# mount 192.168.0.4:/mnt/data/public /mnt/nas1
    mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.4:/mnt/data/public

It was working before I had a power outage..

Default NFS no control on exports

How do I root this thing on R4 so I can edit the /etc/exports?

Quote Originally Posted by jgruber View Post
    How do I root this thing on R4 so I can edit the /etc/exports?
    Disconnect power from the valkyrie for 30 seconds, let it boot back up, etc, go into the web interface, disable nfs, then re-enable. See if it lets you back in. I have seen this in the past before. If you want root access on R4, you may use my telnet hack and activate the root session on port 24

I am happy to help, but don't PM me. Post a thread in the appropriate forum so others may benefit and offer assistance.

Unhappy Still no-go on NFS

Thanks for the reply...

When I power cycled the device (waiting too...not sure what good that does yet), the device came back up. As always, I had to go through the admin GUI and start NFS (it never remembers my state). I started the service and tried to mount NFS, same result.

I tried your telnetenable.cgi and on R4 it originally tells me

'telnetd: bind: Address already in use'

as I had telnet enabled through tools. If I disable able it and hit your CGI again, telnetd is capable of getting the port, but is still on port 21 and still requires auth, which won't let me login as root or su. Did they hardcode the telnetd in R4?

Thanks again for your help...

John

Quote Originally Posted by jgruber View Post
    Thanks for the reply...
    I tried your telnetenable.cgi and on R4 it originally tells me

'telnetd: bind: Address already in use'

as I had telnet enabled through tools. If I disable able it and hit your CGI again, telnetd is capable of getting the port, but is still on port 21 and still requires auth, which won't let me login as root or su. Did they hardcode the telnetd in R4?

Thanks again for your help...

John

http://patriotmemory.com/forums/show...6&postcount=16

visit telnetroot.cgi to enable root access...

Default mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting xxx:/mnt/data/public

I pushed hard for them to put V01R04 last August (2010) because the packaging stated clearly that this enclosure supported NFS. I needed NFS support because of my server virtualization technology. What a mistake it is to believe that NFS would work from this company or ever will. (Please feel free to set me straight Patriot... I gave up on you last year)

They lost a 210 enclosure unit sale because they would not support NFS properly. My boss told me to eat the cost of the unit rather than pursue refunds with Patriot. Clearly they don't want to be in this business.

It is SIMPLE to get this thing to mess up the file permission and you can't fix them with the access they give you.

From the device:

# cat /etc/exports
    /mnt/data/public 192.168.0.*(rw,sync,all_squash,anonuid=501,anongid =501)

#cd /mnt/
    # ls -l
    drwxr-xr-x 5 502 501 4096 Aug 3 2010 data
    # cd data
    # ls -l
    drwxrwxr-x 4 501 501 4096 Feb 7 17:53 ftp
    drwx------ 2 0 0 16384 Aug 3 2010 lost+found
    drwxrwxrwx 5 501 501 4096 Aug 18 2010 public

Anyone see the obvious.... Can't chmod anything with the CLI access they supply and there are no settings in the GUI. Lots of assumption made about how NFS is going to be used, access permissions, and then a 9 month beta.... They wish they could kill this product is the only thing I can conclude. Thanks for stealing my money Patriot.

Do not buy this enclosure for NFS there are MANY better units out there which actually let you setup NFS the way you need to. They are marginally more expensive, but actually work.

Patriot if you are going to move past the beta and come out with a stack the lets you configure NFS, I still own this thing and would appreciate it. Otherwise just give us an unsupported root access and we will set it up manually without you.

John

Default permission denied

Having seen similar issues that jgruber (John) reported, I updated my Valkyrie to the latest firmware, 4_1 (file Valkyrie-FW-V01R04_1.zip). Unfortunately, the behavior has not changed :-(

[jerry@unix init.d]$ sudo mount -v -t nfs diskspace:/mnt/data/public /data/diskspace
    mount.nfs: timeout set for Tue Aug 9 10:16:01 2011
    mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4,addr=192.168.1.30,clientaddr=192.168.1.2'
    mount.nfs: mount(2): Permission denied
    mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting diskspace:/mnt/data/public
    [jerry@unix downloads]$ sudo showmount -e diskspace
    Export list for diskspace:
    /mnt/data/public 192.168.1.*

WIthout any way to look at the error messges/log being generated on the Valkyrie, debugging the permission denied is quite difficult.

Telnet is enabled, and I have:

[admin@FA520]# uname -a
    Linux diskspace 2.6.12.6-arm1 #899 Thu Jul 1 10:38:05 CST 2010 armv5tejl unknown