Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All of my memory not detected on X58/Socket 1366

Default All of my memory not detected on X58/Socket 1366

i have PVT36G1600LLK 3x2gb 1600mhz with gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r (rev 1.0) and intel i7 930.

I can't use 6gb i only have 4gb usable, what can i do for use 6gb?
    Now the memory is running at 1600mhz.
    i can see on "msconfig/boot/avance option" that the max memory is unchecked, but in the Resource monitor shows: "2050mb hadware reserved".

Thanks

Exclamation *ANYONE find an Answer to this ****

I'm also having this problem did anyone ever answer this question.

I have a i7-930
    Asus P6T-SE MOTHERboard
    and the pvt36g1600LLK 3X2 TO Equal 6 gig's.

I have the same thing going on. In the bios on the ai tweaker I have it set to
    XMP accourding to intel's profile on there.
    Gonna take some pic's of the bios screen. It'll be alot easier than typing
    be back with those shortly.

First, check to see if the memory works at the rated timings. If it does not, test each socket with each stick to eliminate if it is a memory issue or a possible dimm socket issue.

Second, It could be a bios flash issue. Check to see if you have the latest bios.

Third, Check the cpu to see if any pins are bent. For platforms with an onboard memory controller, it can fail to recognize a module/slot if a pin is bent.

Fourth, Try to tweak the voltages; Particularly QPI to voltage. QPI should generally be .5 less than Dram. So if the memory is set to 1.65, try setting QPI to 1.15, 1.20, 1.25, 1.30 etc.

Fifth, Uncore should be double the memory speed. If your memory speed is 1600MHz set the uncore to 3200. Usually if it is 4000 or above it can cause a detection issue.

Finally, try setting Trrd to 7 and use the most direct baseclock from native 133. If none of these suggestions work (and the memory checks out) check with your motherboard manufacturer. It can be a bios issue or motherboard memory detection issue.

Quote Originally Posted by craazziee8 View Post
    I'm also having this problem did anyone ever answer this question.

I have a i7-930
    Asus P6T-SE MOTHERboard
    and the pvt36g1600LLK 3X2 TO Equal 6 gig's.

I have the same thing going on. In the bios on the ai tweaker I have it set to
    XMP accourding to intel's profile on there.
    Gonna take some pic's of the bios screen. It'll be alot easier than typing
    be back with those shortly.
    **CHECK THIS FIRST: IT IS THE CAUSE IN 95% OF CASES.**
    Make sure you are running 64-bit Windows. 32-bit Windows is unable to access more than 4GB of ram (actually less, 3.0-3.8 depending on things like vram and pci config, but lets just call it 4gb) This is actually the entire reason that 64-bit OS' even exist now. 4GB is the upper limit of 32-bit. Then there are other limitations, such as your chipset, bios memory mappings, etc. Windows XP is 32-bit. There is a 64-bit Windows XP, but I recommend STRONGLY against it. It was never distributed outside of major OEMS like Dell anyway. Use Windows 7 64-bit instead. Right click on my computer and go to Properties to determine what bit-ness your version of windows is.

Last edited by BadIntentions; 09-23-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Picture and more Info.

Hello

I have this same issue here also.

Windows 7 64bit
    P6X58D-E Motherboard
    Core i7-930 2.8GHz Processor

Patriot Memory Viper II 12GB Series Sector 7 (3 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL7 DIMM 240-pin

Tried each stick separate all work fine. When all 3 are fitted it only recognizes 8GB instead of 12GB

Have rehoused the CPU several times and checked all pins etc.

Adjusted settings in the bios with info from here:

http://i4memory.com/f54/asus-x58-6-1...stalled-19200/

Checked bios version is the latest.

Any help on this at all

Fish

Is this the official Patriot forums?

Sorry for the late reply.

If the aforementioned tips did not work (post 3) and the memory checks out (every stick on every slot) then we recommend contacting the motherboard manufacturer. Unfortunately there's not much we can do if the issue can't be narrowed down to the memory.

I had the same problem with a Patriot Viper II ‘Sector 7’ Edition 12GB (3 x 4GB) Model PV7312G2000ELK kit with a Rampage III Extreme and Core i7 980X. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit was recognizing only 8 of 12GB.

Additional things I did that may or may not have sorted things out for me - I did them all at once + what has been mentioned on this page, so hard to isolate which worked:

- reseated my CPU
    - I didn't have a great setup with my waterblock/backplate so - and keeping this short - I ensured that tension was EVENLY spaced across the waterblock (this involved a trip to the hardware store for some plastic washers)
    - after all this, when I powered on I did so with only ONE DIMM installed and then set my manual overclock as follows:

BCLK Freq: 143
    QPI/DRAM Volt: 1.35 (Auto)
    DRAM Volt: 1.65625 (ignored the warning in the BIOS about voltages over 1.65 - could someone from Patriot comment about this? exactly 1.65v is not avail to select)
    CPU PLL: 1.855
    DRAM Freq: 2009
    Uncore:4018

Timings: 9-11-9-27, CR 2T, Trrd 7, all others AUTO

I rebooted to ensure the system accepted the overclock and it did. Then I powered down and installed the remaining 2 DIMMs, powered back on and bingo 12GB of 12GB memory now reported.

Hope this helps, I spent hours researching this annoying problem...
    Last edited by paul45; 03-13-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    DRAM Volt: 1.65625 (ignored the warning in the BIOS about voltages over 1.65 - could someone from Patriot comment about this? exactly 1.65v is not avail to select)
    Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this helps someone else out with this issue. If 1.65v is not available then the next selection up, 1.65625 should be fine. Some boards may even use 1.66v.

Quote Originally Posted by xabidh View Post
    i have PVT36G1600LLK 3x2gb 1600mhz with gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r (rev 1.0) and intel i7 930.

I can't use 6gb i only have 4gb usable, what can i do for use 6gb?
    Now the memory is running at 1600mhz.
    i can see on "msconfig/boot/avance option" that the max memory is unchecked, but in the Resource monitor shows: "2050mb hadware reserved".

Thanks
    I have been having the same problems with the exact setup for 6 months.

I have tried all the bios updates voltages etc etc. Sometime it would detect all 6 gigs sometimes it would not.

There was a lengthy thread on another well known supplier forum with many other having the same problem (Not sure if im allowed to link it).

I used to hold the del key to drop into the bios then restart pc and it would show all 6 gigs but always seem to suffer from the odd crash which has recently got alot more frequent and also failed Memtest86 so was RMA`d.

Im hoping a new set of sticks fixes these issues, If not I suspect the Mboard is bad or just not 100% liking this mem.