Thread: Patriot XT Xporter Pen Drive Warranty?

Default Patriot XT Xporter Pen Drive Warranty?

Hey, i have a pen drive that is malfunctioning as when i plug it into my computer, i have to wiggle the pen drive in order for it to be recognised by my compute.
    Another error i am experiencing is that when i transfer files over to the pen drive, it throws up a error 'the path could not be found.' I know for a fact that it is not my computer and is got to do something with the pen drive as i have tested the pen drive at different computer and experience the same problem.
    And finally the data transfer speeds are very slow it takes up to 5 minutes to transfer a 700mb file across to the pen drive, when i first bought the pen drive, it used to transfer it within seconds

Is this type of fault covered under the Lifetime Warranty of the pen drive?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JT1 View Post
    Hey, i have a pen drive that is malfunctioning as when i plug it into my computer, i have to wiggle the pen drive in order for it to be recognised by my compute.
    Another error i am experiencing is that when i transfer files over to the pen drive, it throws up a error 'the path could not be found.' I know for a fact that it is not my computer and is got to do something with the pen drive as i have tested the pen drive at different computer and experience the same problem.
    And finally the data transfer speeds are very slow it takes up to 5 minutes to transfer a 700mb file across to the pen drive, when i first bought the pen drive, it used to transfer it within seconds

Is this type of fault covered under the Lifetime Warranty of the pen drive?

Thank you
    JT1,

Yes, send an e-mail to support@patriotmem.com and refer them to this thread and we'll get this replaced for you. The wiggle issue sounds like a connector going bad. The transfer speeds are slow as well, if the drive is connecting and disconnecting during the transfer, this can also cause the slow speeds you are seeing.

Thank you, i have now got a RMA Number, however i am not too sure what to send, do i send the pen drive in the full packaging or the pen drive alone, also do i need to send the receipt of where i purchased the item?

If you already received the RMA number (along with the Technical Ref ID) then the proof of purchase is no longer necessary. We recommend just keeping it for future reference.

You can send just the drive. It should be fine.