Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: P61-Beta Discussion Thread

Exclamation P61-Beta released

ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P61 - Beta (Only for Bootcode 18 or higher)*

Please post impressions, insights and discovered bugs here.

Note also that this version is for BC18+ only

For BC16+ the file has been also posted (direct link below because PM haven't update the official thread yet).

ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P61 - Beta (Only for Bootcode 16)*
    Last edited by aasoror; 10-19-2010 at 03:37 AM.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Patriot_Z Guest

wow man.. we just posted .

16 is on the way too for ppl who has earlier version, should be up tonight.

There is also a bootcode 27 available as well.. nothing much has changed.. just some more support for various flash chips.

I'm on it - looks like a long night

Thanks a. and Z

Unless I'm missing something it looks like the little internet content we had is gone -- and I can't seem to get the DVD/BD functionality we had a couple versions ago functioning either

The GUI is different but...

Didn't test USB, hope it still works

Not to impressed so far - off to lala land - hope some of you guys find more functionality than I did in my 1st check of the new frmwr

Back to the prev. IMS ver. and the 'other' frmwr if no one finds more than I did

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Z View Post
    There is also a bootcode 27 available as well.. nothing much has changed.. just some more support for various flash chips.
    Now we are talking business , can you please make sure its posted ? so far I can only find the two new firmwares, no bootcode releases.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Quote Originally Posted by gmd024 View Post
    Unless I'm missing something it looks like the little internet content we had is gone
    And I thought Patriot_Z said the main difference in content of this firmware is fully customizable RSS (i.e. IMS) component

It should. Here is what it said on the firmware thread:

Release Notes: P61 (Beta release for PBO Core)
    1. Change User Interface structure and icon images
    2. Added IMS services; IMS services customizable
    3. Revise HDMI compatibility
    4. Added Music Player User Interface
    5. Added Album Cover. Require photo in the same folder
    6. Added Music shuffle/ repeat functions

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    It should. Here is what it said on the firmware thread:
    Tourist, have you verified any of these ?

No. Not yet. I just downloaded both files. It is a bit too late for me to try it now (eastern time). I'll test it tomorrow after work.

Patriot_Z Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gmd024 View Post
    Unless I'm missing something it looks like the little internet content we had is gone -- and I can't seem to get the DVD/BD functionality we had a couple versions ago functioning either

The GUI is different but...

Didn't test USB, hope it still works

Not to impressed so far - off to lala land - hope some of you guys find more functionality than I did in my 1st check of the new frmwr

Back to the prev. IMS ver. and the 'other' frmwr if no one finds more than I did
    Should be under IMS, we took YouTube out since this is not quite done yet.