Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: P61-Beta Discussion Thread

Initial, shocking impression:

Multichannel audio under SPDIF Raw appears to be WORKING!

my SPDIF issue was the dealbreaker for me, so this is pretty huge as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    And I thought Patriot_Z said the main difference in content of this firmware is fully customizable RSS (i.e. IMS) component
    There 'IS' a LOT of RSS content - I had overlooked it last night - NICE!! -- thanks PM -- the SPDIF sounds great -- and the GUI seems snappier

Still trolling around the new frmw this AM - will report anything else I find

It's seems to be the best release so far!!

I still have to switch between SPDIF raw and SPDIF lpcm in order to be able to get audio from non multichannel files though. Annoying, but at least SPDIF raw is working again for multichannel.
    Last edited by gromit; 10-13-2010 at 12:36 PM.

There's modules for a usb mouse and keyboard. You might want to check that out.

-wigout

Does it work? I have a wireless keyboard that works with my Wii, I think I'll use it more often with PBO.

Quote Originally Posted by wigout View Post
    There's modules for a usb mouse and keyboard. You might want to check that out.

-wigout
    Is the mouse and KB function just plug-n-play? - if so I just tried it and it was a 'no go' - I don't see anything in the GUI to 'turn on' for the M & KB to function

Of course the rear usb port is a mini and I don't have an adaptor cable to allow either the mouse or the KB to plug into the rear mini port --- so if the M & KB function does work - I guess to use both I would need to get an adapter cable to mini - or just use a hub for the M & KB - correct?

The miniUSB is for uplink. I don't think you can connect KB/M to it even with an adapter. A hub should work if it does support KB/M.

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    The miniUSB is for uplink. I don't think you can connect KB/M to it even with an adapter. A hub should work if it does support KB/M.
    Yah - I remembered that after I posted earlier -- thanks

But I couldn't get the PBO to recognize a mouse or a KB using the front USB port -- not sure if there's something I'm missing if the hook up is something other than PnP

New benchmark posted although there is nothing new to report so far as video performance is concerned. At least no codecs were apparently lost

Mkv header compression issue remains.

No slider for video control present.

Default New Firmware

Fixed the HDMI audio problem for me and the GUI looks great and feels faster ... Thanks Patriot for continually supporting this product and improving it. I probably need to update the Bootcode (any "easy" way to do that??)