Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wired Connection not working - Help

Angry Wired Connection not working - Help

I have purchased this Patriot Media and connected to TV and I can able to browse the files in USB drive and play video and it works excellent with HDMI and choppy with composite connection. But, I can not setup my wired and wireless connection.

Please anyone have any instruction that I can follow? I appreciate your help. I also upgrade my firmware. Still doesn't work.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kalagappan View Post
    I have purchased this Patriot Media and connected to TV and I can able to browse the files in USB drive and play video and it works excellent with HDMI and choppy with composite connection. But, I can not setup my wired and wireless connection.

Please anyone have any instruction that I can follow? I appreciate your help. I also upgrade my firmware. Still doesn't work.

Thank you
    What is exactly isn't working ?! Have you checked the manual ? there is nothing much there because there is nothing much needed to get it to work, simply fill in the required values and you are done.

For wired LAN, do you go to the LAN setup and input the IP of your DNS Server and the IP assigned to the PBO if its static ?

For wireless, do you get a "USB WIFI plugged" once you hock up the adapter ? you will need to go through the wireless setup from the Network setup menu.

Please help us helping you by providing more information about what exactly is your problem setting up the network.

Thanks,
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    What is exactly isn't working ?! Have you checked the manual ? there is nothing much there because there is nothing much needed to get it to work, simply fill in the required values and you are done.

For wired LAN, do you go to the LAN setup and input the IP of your DNS Server and the IP assigned to the PBO if its static ?

For wireless, do you get a "USB WIFI plugged" once you hock up the adapter ? you will need to go through the wireless setup from the Network setup menu.

Please help us helping you by providing more information about what exactly is your problem setting up the network.

Thanks,
    First of all Thank you for your quick reply. Here is what I see and what I did to connect to my wired network

Under Network | Wired Lan Setup I have the following
    On*: DHCP Not ready!!
    Off: DHCP Not ready !! ( there is a blue bar)
    Off: Can't get any IP

I enter into Wired Lan Setup and I have the following option
    Cancel
    DHCP IP (Auto)
    FIX IP (Manual)

I choose DHCP IP (Auto) and I see the following
    OK
    DNS server IP address
    xx.xx.xxx.x

I click enter and it ask me to confirm. I confirm it and it was Testing and come back with no change

Same thing with the FIX IP(Manual)

Do I make any mistake ???

thank you for your help

Does the PBO shows up on your router web interface (Status / Logs) as being connected and IP given?

Does your router set up with DHCP server turn on to give IP's on request?

Do you have MAC Filtering enable on your router?? if so make sure you add the PBO Mac Address.

When you use Manual IP are you sure that the IP you enter is on the same subnet as your router?

I strongly recommend using static IP address. Do you know the IP address of your router? Make sure you pick an IP address outside of the DHCP range assigned by your router, or reserve that IP address.

Can you diagram how you have connected your PBO to the Network? How is it connected to what device? like Router or Switch and what Port? Is the light on the Port where it is connected is lit(gree)? Can you try setting PBO to DHCP just to see if your Routers DHCP servers Status window can verify that the PBO is at least connected and is trying to get an IP? Does your DHCP server has enough IPs to give to additional devices?

Thanks,

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by kalagappan View Post
    I choose DHCP IP (Auto) and I see the following
    OK
    DNS server IP address
    xx.xx.xxx.x

I click enter and it ask me to confirm. I confirm it and it was Testing and come back with no change
    Can you please confirm that you are indeed entering your router IP instead of the xx.xx.xxx.x ?
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Default Cannot connect to Wired Network

Hi All:

I have the same problem.

-I put in all the subnet and Gateway address (e.g. 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1)
    - I connected the PBO directly to my router LAN port.
    - I put in a static IP in the menu: 192.168.2.238 in this case.
    - I ping the static IP and it responsed, I also see the LAN LED in front of the PBO blinks red when I ping.

I am using Windows7

However, I don't know what to do next to see the HDD or the PBO. I tried going the Network but I cannot connect to it. What did I miss?

I do not use MacFilter and yes, my router have DHCP enabled.

I also have a Berklin Wireless G USB adapter. I cannot seem to get the connection working. It always say "Cannot find SSID". I don't even have a chance to enter WEP password. I know my wireless router works, as I have been using it for my other laptops.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by nwong View Post
    However, I don't know what to do next to see the HDD or the PBO. I tried going the Network but I cannot connect to it. What did I miss?
    enable BT/SAMBA on the network setup menu of the PBO.
    Then type the PBO IP on your windows 7 file browser.
    If you want to work the other way around (access your win7 machine from the PBO) go through the sticky in this section for info about win7 proper setup.
    I also have a Berklin Wireless G USB adapter.
    Are you sure it has one of the supported chips ? check the unofficial usb wifi sticky in this section as well for more info.

Hi All:
    -I put in all the subnet and Gateway address (e.g. 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1)
    - I connected the PBO directly to my router LAN port.
    - I put in a static IP in the menu: 192.168.2.238 in this case.
    - I ping the static IP and it responsed, I also see the LAN LED in front of the PBO blinks red when I ping.
    Are you sure your PBO and other computers are in the same subnet? Are you using 192.168.1.x or 192.168.2.x?