Thread: USB 3.0 PCI-e Host Card doesn't reach 3.0 speeds

Exclamation USB 3.0 PCI-e Host Card doesn't reach 3.0 speeds

Hello,
    I bought this add-on card(PCUSB3PCIE) a while back and just recently got a Seagate 3.0 TB USB 3.0 external HDD. I connected it all up and when I checked the speeds im getting with "HD Tach" its around 36 MB/s (the output of normal USB 2.0) I know there is no problem with the HDD(has its own power source) or the wire because when I plug it into a USB 3.0 jack on my Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard and run the test I get speeds of 195 MB/s. So I know the problem is with the PCI-e card. I have all the latest drivers installed and everything and can't find anything online about this issue so please help.
    Thanks,

Hello

I have exactly the same Problem....

I'm very desappointed to read this Question without Answer for 1 Year !!!!!!

Is it possible to help us ?

Tx

Regards

Hello,

Sorry I might have missed this thread.

Those speeds are extremely slow.

Can you please try applying the drivers and firmware here:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nec.htm

You can use the f/w & drvs for NEC/RENESAS USB3 Controller.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Question Not getting speeds advertised

I recently purchased this card and have the same issue of slow speed in transfer of files.

I have the current drivers and the setup went as the brochure depicts.

I am running an older m/b and Intel DP43TB with 64 bit Win 7 install.

The PCI e slot is a x1 version so I am wondering if the card supports full speed of transfer with that older Intel slot.

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTed View Post
    I recently purchased this card and have the same issue of slow speed in transfer of files.

I have the current drivers and the setup went as the brochure depicts.

I am running an older m/b and Intel DP43TB with 64 bit Win 7 install.

The PCI e slot is a x1 version so I am wondering if the card supports full speed of transfer with that older Intel slot.
    Hello,

It should work on that system.

Let me know if this resolves your issue. Otherwise, something could be wrong with the unit itself.

What is the capacity, make, and model of the drives are you attempting to work with the PCI-e host card?

Thumbs up Station-drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Hello,

It should work on that system.

Let me know if this resolves your issue. Otherwise, something could be wrong with the unit itself.

What is the capacity, make, and model of the drives are you attempting to work with the PCI-e host card?
    Thanks for the reply. I found the proper link on that website, downloaded driver and will get back after I test the install.

I should have posted my external drive. I am using the Vantec NexStar external kit with a 2 TB Seagate. I have not purchased any USB3 flash drives and should have done so for testing a different source.
    Last edited by TerribleTed; 12-07-2011 at 12:51 PM.

I just had time to rework my install. I installed the file indicated, all okay with initial steps. I then got the Pop-up message from Page 9 of the manual: "This device can perform faster", etc. I have a Vantec USB3 external case with USB 3 cable and only got a max of 33 mb on a 14 gig file which took 14 minutes to transfer.

This install was on a different Win 7 box than the initial messages described.

What is next? Update: tried all permutations, once again. Too many attempts, far too many. Back to retailer for refund.
    Last edited by TerribleTed; 12-30-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Default hdd speed

just in case you haven't been able to resolve this yet, remember... usb 3.0 speeds are theoretical. they are reachable only with SSD drives for the most part. if you're connecting a slower SATA 2 or SATA 1 drive, even a SATA 3 that is a 5400 RPM, you will be disappointed to find the speeds are still rather pedestrian levels (e.g. 50-80Mbps is common on older 5400 SATA 1 and 2 2.5inchers).