Thread: Wired Network Connection Problems

Default Wired Network Connection Problems

Hi,
    Just bought the patriot box office and am trying to hook it up. I've hooked it up to my switch and directly to my router and I keep getting the same result.
    On*: I get an ip address
    Off: DHCP Not ready!!
    Off: Can't get any IP

I have no idea what to do. I've switched the cables to ones I know that work and still no luck. Am I missing something?
    Thanks
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Ohly Smokes View Post
    Hi,
    Just bought the patriot box office and am trying to hook it up. I've hooked it up to my switch and directly to my router and I keep getting the same result.

I have no idea what to do. I've switched the cables to ones I know that work and still no luck. Am I missing something?
    Thanks
    Jeff
    What Firmware do you have ? Have you tried updating to the latest update first? The latest version is 61.

When updating your PBO, make sure to download the right Firmware for your Boot Code.

To check which bootcode version is installed, press stop then pause @ HOME screen.

Go here for the Firmware:

http://www.patriotmem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2131

Sam.

You mean there is an IP address written next to the LAN ON status ? if so then you are done, your network is properly configured.

The other two status indicators are for Wifi and PPPoE.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Have you tried manually assigned fixed IP. In my opinions, fixed IP is preferred.

Default Me too!

Hi,

Thanks
    Jeff

I'M HAVING THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM! Why is there an * next to On???

My PBO has been working fine with my network. It was seeing the network earlier today but then I switched it off and on and after that.. no network. The port on my Netgear switch is now orange instead of green. This is the same port it was connected to when it was working earlier. Also, the LAN/ACC light is blinking intermittent red. This wasn't the case before either. Did something get updated? Why is this suddenly not working? Clearly I'm not the only one having problems. I need this fixed!
    Last edited by Timinator; 12-02-2010 at 11:02 PM.

So why do you assume it's the pbo that is the problem? Have you switched to a different port on the router to see if that is the problem? Have you completely disconnected power from the pbo and brought it back up rebooted router try things to isolate what the problem is instead of just assuming something is wrong with the pbo.

Patriot_Z Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post

I'M HAVING THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM! Why is there an * next to On???

My PBO has been working fine with my network. It was seeing the network earlier today but then I switched it off and on and after that.. no network. The port on my Netgear switch is now orange instead of green. This is the same port it was connected to when it was working earlier. Also, the LAN/ACC light is blinking intermittent red. This wasn't the case before either. Did something get updated? Why is this suddenly not working? Clearly I'm not the only one having problems. I need this fixed!
    check your port and cable.. switch to a different port on your router. Could be a bad cable or port. If the problem still happens, check your IP if there is enough open IP.

Try this: Turn off all your network devices including your Router. Turn on the Router first, then the switches. Finally, turn on one device at a time and wait for it to boot all the way before you turn on another one (This will eliminate any IP conflict).

sam.

Quote Originally Posted by scboley View Post
    So why do you assume it's the pbo that is the problem? Have you switched to a different port on the router to see if that is the problem? Have you completely disconnected power from the pbo and brought it back up rebooted router try things to isolate what the problem is instead of just assuming something is wrong with the pbo.
    Yep.. sorry, I should have mentioned that - tried 3 known good cables, every port on the switch, and rebooted everything in correct sequence..giving everything plenty of time to boot up.

And nothing else is having network issues. But you may be right - I will check to see if there is some IP conflict.

I have that star * also... were you ever able to fix this issue?