Thread: Compare Patriot vs. HornetTek Phantom

Default Compare Patriot vs. HornetTek Phantom

Ok first off this was a box that I found after I already purchased the HornetTek Phantom MP-2020. My question is since they are very much alike, how do they compare to one another? Also if they play the same files how well do they play
    M2TS File (.m2ts) files. Thank you

They don't compare, Phantom is a clone (i.e. exact hardware) with interchangeable firmwares. So just flash with whatever firmware available for the PBO and you should be fine.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

The main differences between the 2 available right now are:

1. No rebate for HornetTek.
    2. Older firmware (P01/P02) and bootcode (16) on HornetTek.

Default which would be best???

Which FW should I use for my HornetTek? Also I DL a full blu-ray movie and removed the main part of the movie. VLC and my Hornttek plays it in a language other than english but Total media theatre plays the audio in engish. What can I do to change(fix) that so it will be in engish? Any and all help would be great. Thank you

Try P61 bootcode neutral, or any firmware for bc16.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfanman71 View Post
    VLC and my Hornttek plays it in a language other than english but Total media theatre plays the audio in engish. What can I do to change(fix) that so it will be in engish?
    Have you tried pressing the "Audio" button while the file is running on your PBO.
    Also I think you can re-order the audio tracks (make English the first one) using whatever software you edit the bluray image with.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

I need your help !, I have a HornetTek Phantom and I put wrong firmware, thanks to your help I install that you recommend in this post (older fw: P01 bc 16), and the phantom has revived!, but does not recognize mkv and rmvb video formats. Is there any solution? Thank you.