Thread: Partial RMA

Default Partial RMA

I bought a pair of Vipers in a 2x1GB pack. One of them is defective and causes my machine not to boot. I called up support and they said that I have to send back BOTH sticks for an RMA. If I do that, I won't have a usable computer for the time that they take to check and send the package. Plus, I don't want to get back a pack with ANOTHER failed stick, and this way at least I know for sure I have one good stick. Has anyone else gotten Patriot to do a partial RMA, and how do I go about doing it? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    I bought a pair of Vipers in a 2x1GB pack. One of them is defective and causes my machine not to boot. I called up support and they said that I have to send back BOTH sticks for an RMA. If I do that, I won't have a usable computer for the time that they take to check and send the package. Plus, I don't want to get back a pack with ANOTHER failed stick, and this way at least I know for sure I have one good stick. Has anyone else gotten Patriot to do a partial RMA, and how do I go about doing it? Thank you.
    The reason that the policy requests both sticks be returned together is due to the fact that we want to insure that both sticks are compatible, as to avoid additional conflicts in the future.

You should process the RMA claim so that you gain access to our RMA department and inquire with them if a partial return is a possibility.

I am sure the RMA department is willing to work with you to help you resolve this issue.

Daniel Sorrentino
    Patriot Memory Support